Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the VX come with a 12 bolt or modified 12 bolt rear end and what is the factort gear ratio 8) recon

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
The VX is based on same year Trooper but the RS 2 door frame. Based on that I would say it's a 4.30:1 modified. Not 100% on ratio. But that what was in my 2000 Trooper. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm about 99.9% sure they came with the standard non modified 12bolt

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
squatch said:
The VX is based on same year Trooper but the RS 2 door frame. Based on that I would say it's a 4.30:1 modified. Not 100% on ratio. But that what was in my 2000 Trooper. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
ALL YEARS OF THE VX CAME WITH ONLY 4.30 IN THE U.S AND USED THE STANDARD 12 BOLT REAR AXLE, AND AN LSD DIFF , WHICH IS ODD THAT THEY DIDNT USE THE MODIFIED 12 BOLT, MAYBE IT WAS FOR THE WEIGHT SAVING , OVERALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE TWO AXLES IS I BET CLOSE TO 80 LB,S THAT 12 MODIFIED WITH AN LSD , JUST THE CENTER CHUNK IS ONE HEAVY MUTHA

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
JLEMOND said:
squatch said:
ALL YEARS OF THE VX CAME WITH ONLY 4.30 IN THE U.S AND USED THE STANDARD 12 BOLT REAR AXLE, AND AN LSD DIFF , WHICH IS ODD THAT THEY DIDNT USE THE MODIFIED 12 BOLT, MAYBE IT WAS FOR THE WEIGHT SAVING , OVERALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE TWO AXLES IS I BET CLOSE TO 80 LB,S THAT 12 MODIFIED WITH AN LSD , JUST THE CENTER CHUNK IS ONE HEAVY MUTHA
Great info. I thought all 12 bolts after 98 were mods.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Ya I wondered the same thing but still a nice axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts