Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my dad 03 volvo s60 is getting alittle boring now. Lol does anyone know how to "turn up" or increase the boost? It might be a stupid question but I mean I know more boost = I go faster :). I know you can go too far but I wanna run like 8-10psi if possible. Maybe more. But what's all required?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
is this the volvo trooper or the volvo rodeo that you're talking about?
you might want to put this in the "other vehicles" section :wink: :wink:

cheers

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol thanks man. Sorry bout thatt forgot we even had one

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes! There is a way.

It's called iPdUSA.

My fiancee' has an '01 V70 T5 Wagon and I use that as my turbo toy. Sleeper: definitely. Her T5 is a high pressure turbo compared to your low pressure turbo though so tuning is a little different. The T5 can be bumped from the stock 10psi to 18psi. That's 280hp and 320 ft/lbs of torque.

Your low pressure turbo can be bumped from the stock 8psi to 14psi. It's 230hp and 275 ft/lbs of torque.

One problem...it's not cheap. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pro. How is this done? I was reading you can't put a BCS on volvo s60's?

·
Registered
176 Posts
icesluss said:
Pro. How is this done? I was reading you can't put a BCS on volvo s60's?
First off, your Volvo does not use a BCS. Instead, it uses a TCV (Turbo Control Valve). It's a little different but the theory is the same. Boost can be increased easily via the ECU. Typical chips/flashes run in the $300-800 range.

Second, this is an Isuzu forum. :) I highly recommend asking ANY of the Volvo forums. Just do a quick google search and you'll find lots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts