Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if V-cross seats will easily install in a second gen Rodeo? I have a 99 Rodeo and was thinking of buying some 99 V-cross seats and ditching my cloth ones. Are these two trucks about the same width? From pictures it looks like the center console arrangement is the same. What do ya think? Thanks!

~Alex

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
I have some good news for you...

1st Gen Rodeo
2nd Gen Rodeo
VehiCROSS

All three have the exact same front seat mount configuration.
The VX seats will bolt-right-in without any modifications at all :D

Cheers!
Smiley

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting, those seats look pretty good. I've recently switched from a small sporty car, to a 2000 Passport. I'm mostly satisfied but one thing that was a real bummer at first (i'm getting used to it) is how poorly the seats match the shape of a human body compared to the shaped and bolstered seats i was used to.

Where can a person get these vehicross seats and how much will they cost?

Are there any other alternative seat options?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Do you think the Vehicross Back Seat will fit exactally into a
Amigo or Rodeo Sport?

You got me thinking.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, car-part.com or any nearby auto recycler is the best bet for seats; even when a car is totalled by the insurance company, the interior is likely to be intact. I totalled a Ford Taurus in a snowy highway accident but the interior was in perfect condition...then I got a Rodeo!

Can someone help us answer the second part of the question: Will the back seats bolt right on from a VX to a Rodeo? Does anyone own both trucks or have a friend nearby to compare with? Another place to buy from is www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com, which has pictures of their recently aquired vehicles...if you check um out there are sad pics of totalled VX's, but the interiors are still nice!

~Alex

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From a quick look on car-part.com a front seat runs anywhere from $160 to $500, although there is one random one in FL for 74.99! A lot more than I was expecting in general. Looks like most are sold individually. Didn't check back seats yet since we don't know if they'll fit.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
VX seats aren’t cheap â€" not usually… They are Recaros, after all.

You might want to request several photos of that one in Florida…
There was a thread a little while ago at VehiCROSS.info about a VX in a Florida salvage yard â€" They had left the interior exposed to the weather, allowing it to become molded and such.

If it sounds too good to be true…

As for someone having both…
I’ve got a 1997 Rodeo (the last year of the 1st Gens), and recently scored a 1999 VX. --- I haven’t measured anything, but it looks to me like the rear seat is a bit narrower than the one in the Rodeo â€" and I can’t say anything for sure about the mounts either. --- By the look of it, a VX rear seat *might* fit in a 2nd Gen Amigo/Rodeo Sport, but I don’t know that for sure.

Cheers!
Smiley

·
Registered
167 Posts
So does anyone know if Trooper seats will fit into a Rodeo? I have recently acquired a 96 Rodeo and have just found out that the seats are freaking murder. I cannot imagine how anyone would comfortably sit in these for any length of time. They press out into your lower back and force you to sit upright and lean back. It is just odd. My body is quite the opposite and my 8 hour roadtrip the other day has severely pained my normally carefree back. I am going to take a look and see if I can cut some of the springs in the back or rip out some foam or something, but I also want to consider anything from the surplus market to alleviate this problem.

I should make the concession that I am 6'2" so perhaps a typical seat doesnt quite fit me right, but I have had no problems with my 90 Amigo seats or my 90 Blazer seats.

Any input appreciated.

Kaz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.