Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on using Valvoline MaxLife MaxLife DEX/MERC ATF on my A & B solenoid replacement. Is this any good?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i think the recommended trans fluid is castrol import, its what i used when doing filter and had no problems at all.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I refuse to EVER use Maxlife ATF in my rodeo again.

I tried it a few years back, I had real harsh shifting from 2nd - 3rd in a truck that had always shifted nice....I drained it out within 2 days and refilled with Castrol Import, which is a fluid I've always used, and the truck returned to normal.

So no, I do NOT recommend the Maxlife ATF for these transmissions.

I have 2 of these Rodeo's, both with the automatics, one has 200k, the other has 350k original units in both....I've only ever used Castrol Import, however, when I've been shy of fluid, I have used an ATF from Big R called Mile-something, can't remember the exact name of it. Both fluids have always been good to me.

The Maxlife has synthetic in it, not sure if it's the synthetic or Dex 6 that these transmissions don't like....but the hate for this fluid was VERY obvious in my transmission....I won't ever use it again.

·
Registered
555 Posts
This is right in line with what the Honda dealer told me. She said that they use the same Honda branded fluid in every Honda including the Passport.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts