Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My isuzu rodeo 2001 4wd v6 valve cover bolt broke passenger side , it's the first time I'm doing this , changing the valve cover gasket . My question is what type or size are those bolt? I'm trying to buy new ones and . Thanks

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
My isuzu rodeo 2001 4wd v6 valve cover bolt broke passenger side , it's the first time I'm doing this , changing the valve cover gasket . My question is what type or size are those bolt? I'm trying to buy new ones and . Thanks
The Acura/Honda/Isuzu part number for the bolt is 8-97372-246-0
Plug this number into google and search for a list of parts suppliers.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Any local hardware store or fastener supply company will have this bolt, it is absolutely nothing special about it. Bring in a sample and simply match it up. I do believe its M6x1.5 & 10-ish mm long or there abouts.

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Any local hardware store or fastener supply company will have this bolt, it is absolutely nothing special about it. Bring in a sample and simply match it up. I do believe its M6x1.5 & 10-ish mm long or there abouts.
Aren't these the ones with the shoulder?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Aren't these the ones with the shoulder?
Manufactures use shoulder bolts to simplify their inventory and to reduce assembly time. A conventional bolt requires a washer while a shoulder bolt does not require a washer as its "built in".

Today there is nothing special about a shoulder bolt. They are just as common as any other conventional bolt & are availbale at any hardware store & fastener supply company. .

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Manufactures use shoulder bolts to simplify their inventory and to reduce assembly time. A conventional bolt requires a washer while a shoulder bolt does not require a washer as its "built in".

Today there is nothing special about a shoulder bolt. They are just as common as any other conventional bolt & are availbale at any hardware store & fastener supply company. .
Don't think you'll find this at a hardware store, and a washer isn't going to turn and ordinary bolt into one of these.
Finger Gesture Wood Thumb Nail

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Please don't be confused about the home depot, they are a home improvement store not a hardware store. My local hardware store has these in several different sizes instock, again they are nothing special anymore. I dont know if yours will. i guess its all dependent on location too. I am 100% sure Fastenal & Lawson products will have them.. here you go Socket Shoulder Bolts | Fastenal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts