Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did some digging on my vacuum lines (because of my bad cold idle problem), and tried matching it to Chilton's diagram. If I could understand Chilton's manual, I wouldn't need a Chilton's manual, but that's beside the point. I have things blocked off, and some appear to be missing. There is something called a "fast idle solenoid" that I believe is missing. There are two lines blocked off (a metal one under the EGR, and one behind the breather), and a plug with nothing plugged into it just behind the linkage. The EGR is also no connected. My question, other than does anyone know of a readable vacuum diagram in laymens terms, is where do ya'll buy these obscure parts like "fast idle solenoids", "air control switch", and what not?

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I bought my Trooper the top end of the motor was completely torn apart. With the head, intake, fuel injection, induction, etc. back on, I HAD NO IDEA WHERE ALL OF THE VACUUM HOSES WENT! I, too, tried to make sense of the repair manual, but obviously failed. The best thing is probably to go find another vehicle with the same engine and emissions on it, pull them up side by side and duplicate it's system. I found my example in someone's yard close to home. They accomodated my request with pleasure and pleased to show off thier "ZUZU". Hope this helped.

·
Registered
80 Posts
fastamatt's suggestion is great. i was afraid i might have to ask some stranger to park their trooper in my driveway after i replaced the head, but i got lucky and was able to decipher my own labeling system. masking tape and a sharpie can be your best friend, even if you don't have a clue what all those parts are (i labeled a hose on the fuel pressure regulator as belonging to the "little gold fuel thingy"). :lol:
i just realized the original post is quite old, so i'm not gonna type an essay here. if you still need help, let me know.

Phil

·
Registered
558 Posts
i took pictures of my 2.6L before i tore it down for just this reason. If you would like i could e-mail you these pics and maybe they will help :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.