Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one a bought at Autozone is some type of plastic "L" shaped plug in. The one in my vehicle is all metal and screws into the valve cover. Autozone said this was the right one. How do I replace this thing?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i have a 2003 rodeo , it has the metal screw in pcv valve , check az for a 2003 pcv, i also have a transmission dip stick to check fluid level , it has the aisin a340e (30-40le ) transmission , do you also have a dipstick ?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
They changed the design in that year range. So you just need to get the right one for your engine.

It either plugs in with a grommet, or screws into the valve cover.

The screw on design also indicates that your engine has the revised drain holes so you should'nt have the oil burning problem that plagues some engines.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the insights. I took a trip back to auto zone to swap parts and they don't have any listing for that type. I kept telling the guy it was the wrong type but he wasn't buying it

Trying to prove a point, the sales guy pulled out a copy of the useless Hayes manual and it also had the plug type one . It wasn't until I actually got the guy to look into the engine compartment that he finally stopped looking at me like I'm crazy.

Went ahead and ordered the correct part from Rockauto

Thanks!

·
Registered
677 Posts
You know, a spray can of throttle body cleaner will kept that brass PCV valve working for years! I haven't changed the one in mine in 5 years. All it is is a ball inside a brass housing. I just remove it, spray it to clean it until the ball inside moves freely then blow it out with an air hose and reinstall the valve.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I think Autozone makes it a point to only hire morons that THINK they know everything about cars. They know more about your car than you do!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered a PCV valve for my 04 Axiom from ISUZUparts.com and received the wrong PCV valve... they sent one for the 02 Axiom.

Can you believe that? :x

Yes, I was sent the plastic L-shaped, push-in PCV valve whereas my 04 Axiom needs the 'straight' metal screw-in kind.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
johnnie59 said:
You know, a spray can of throttle body cleaner will kept that brass PCV valve working for years! I haven't changed the one in mine in 5 years. All it is is a ball inside a brass housing. I just remove it, spray it to clean it until the ball inside moves freely then blow it out with an air hose and reinstall the valve.
go figure. I pulled mine and it was pretty gummed up. Stuck a pin in there and the valve wouldn't open. A bit of cleaner and good as new. Wish I would have asked before I mailed ordered a new one :oops:

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.