Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDITORIAL NOTE:

This thread was originally posted as a notice for the July 30th 2004 (TWO-THOUSAND and FOUR) event - However, for some reason it is now being used as a place to help decide when we will have the 2005 event. --- Please DO NOT let the old 2004 date get confused with the (as yet undecided) 2005 date.

Thank you,
The Staff

Ok, it's official. July 30th weekend (Normally Friday-Monday) a group of Isuzus will be swarming all over Uwharrie.

Stay tuned for more information.

-Tad

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If the employment gods will f*n cooperate - I'll be there :lol:

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Tad said:
(Normally Friday-Monday)
Not that anything related to Uwharrie is ever really structured, but I've already taken it upon myself to post the dates elsewhere as follows:

Thursday, July 29th - Monday, August 2nd

Personally, I've headed down on Thursday for the last four trips, and the idea seems to be catching-on with others. --- This last time around, there were more folks there on Thursday evening than there were mid-day Sunday!

Hmmmmm...
* With fingers crossed *
Maybe it'll rain cats & dogs again! :twisted:

Photos from the April`04 Uwharrie Gathering

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
TroopTad said:
Smiley,

If it rains, you'll be lucky. NC in July is a hot humid nightmare.
Amen to that brutha 8) :lol:

I like to use the term..........sultry :D

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
LTC Don said:
TroopTad said:
Smiley,

If it rains, you'll be lucky. NC in July is a hot humid nightmare.
Amen to that brutha 8) :lol:

I like to use the term..........sultry :D

LMAO!

Hmmmm... I always thought of Tori Amos as being 'Sultry'...
and Uwharrie-in-July as more like: 'Hotter than the surface of the sun!'

But then again, I guess maybe that last one could apply to Ms. Amos too. :wink:

ANYWAY...
Trust me; I am already quite well-versed in the climatic cruelty of a Carolina summer…
But it really has been known to rain there in July, HONEST!

BTW: Here's the link for The Uwharrie Thread at 4x4Wire

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
E-ZooZoo One said:
Uwharrie-in-July as more like: 'Hotter than the surface of the sun!'
Nope, Uwharrie in July is just hot as crap with the humidity, ah la - Sultry.

Now, Ocracoke-in-July fully and unequivacably (sp?) fully qualifies as the 'Hotter than the surface of the sun!' contract clause :lol: with some sizzle thrown in if your barefoot in the sand :lol:

E-ZooZoo One said:
But then again, I guess maybe that last one could apply to Ms. Amos too. :wink:
Tru Dat! :lol:

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
TroopTad said:
Hopefully they'll be dry this time :)
Bite your tongue!!!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
E-ZooZoo One said:
TroopTad said:
Hopefully they'll be dry this time :)
Bite your tongue!!!

:mrgreen:
Hey, everyone should experience the [cough] dust [/cough] at least one time :lol:

Cheers,

·
Registered
39 Posts
man wish i could go but NC is a long way from maine to drive....

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
(NUDGE)

Beuler? ...Beuler? ...Beuler?

Like Ferris said, oh-so many years ago:
"Life moves pretty fast. - If you don't stop and look around sometimes, you might miss it."

I hope to see some new faces in Uwharrie this time around... Heck, with the attendance list looking like it does right now (quite small), I'll even settle for some old, familiar ones! :p

Happy 4th of July Weekend everyone! 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
cant wait! hopfully by the all my mods will be done. now this being my first time i dont really know what goes on but i have been to uwharrie before for a land rover reunion but uwharrie in july is no pretty site......

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You do see that this thread was about July 2004, not July 2005, right? There will be a group of us there this spring, but I'm not sure if the date has been set yet. Keep watching the Events & Gatherings section for more on when.

-Tad

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i might be able to go, don't know if the parents will let me since in july i will have only had my lisence for 3 months. school will be out so i don't see why not. but parents are mean anyways. i'll get back to y'all on a definate

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
The Next Uwharrie Event:

^^^ Look at the date again ^^^

Like Tad said... This is an OLD THREAD from the July 2004 event.

We haven't even picked a date for the July 2005 one yet
(Heck, some people are talking about maybe going to Tellico instead for the Summer Run this year)

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Rodeoholic said:
could we shoot for a early or mid june date?
As a resident of a town that sits on the side of a mountain - a place that regularly boasts of its elevation being higher than any incorporated city east of Denver, and which also refers to itself as "Nature's Air-Conditioned City" - I look upon our July trips to Uwharrie sort of like an astronaut would regard taking a trip to the surface of the Sun...

Every year, while I'm there sweating gallons-per-hour, I tell myself that I'm never going to attend another summer Uwharrie trip - But somehow, every year, I seem to forget just how hot it can be down there, and I let myself get talked into going again.

You want to go in JUNE? --- You will hear NO complaints out on ME!

(But do keep-in-mind that a number of people are still talking about going to Tellico or Callalantee instead. --- Maybe we could have ourselves a June Uwharrie AND a July *insert mountainous destination here* )

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
having gone to the mountains in july and had to walk up and down a mountain for a week (church camp) the earlier the better. it gets real hot on them mountains and im not all for camping in hot weather on a mountain :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.