Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 3.2 rodeo. Looking for clutch line size so I can grab some line to delete the damper valve when I do my clutch this weekend. Also what kind of connectors I will need. I have a flaring tool and know how to use it correctly. Need help here fellas. Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone has to know this. I need to get the parts I'm gonna need. It has to get done this week as I'm off work for a week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. So I can take the damper out so I can actually feel the clutch. I'm use to drivIng mustangs with cable clutches as I have 2 mustangs an 89 GT and an 03 cobra.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Yeah, the specs on that cable might be tough to find. If I was you, I would send a PM to JLEMOND on here and see if he knows.

Bart

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes that's basically what i am trying To do. I need to know what size line I need to get so I can delet that thing. I seen a few members did it but I cannot find the correct line size I need.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that's the thing I'm doing it over Christmas weekend. So nothing will be open so I'm trying to get stuff I need so I don't have to wait. And I'm not currently driving it but I'm gonna need it as its going to start snowing here soon and the cobra won't see snow And the Gt won't go in snow lol.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
You need to measure the line where it enters the master and the slave. It may or may not be the same! On 1st gen Troopers it is like 1/4 leaving the master then necked down to 3/16 at the damper. 3/16 leaving the damper and necked up to 1/4 at the rubber hose to the slave. Or something crazy like that Maybe the other way around. It was pretty confusing till I just did the measurement and realized that both ends would be 1/4" or 3/16" if I recall correctly. Almost 4 years ago when I did it.

Run a new line from master to slave. I had to reuse a non standard nut at the master I think. Both ends will need a double flare of the appropriate size. I did this to mine but can't really say there was a huge difference in feel. It's a hydraulic clutch and will never feel the same as a cable or mechanical linkage.

If you have to get line go for the 90% copper 10% nickel stuff. Rust free as SS but easier to bend than copper. I'm told some parts stores have it now, here is where I got mine. http://www.cunifer.com/ inline tube and classic tube both sell SS tube nuts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok yeah I read it about the troopers necking down at the one end. I was not sure if the rodeos were the same or not . I will not get a chance to get it apart to see what size it is. That's why I'm trying to figure it all out so I can send my buddy to get parts I need. I'm glad to hear it makes a big difference and I know it will never be the feel of a cable clutch bit anything will be better than the mush it is now. Haha. And going from my mustangs to rodeo it's like a whole diff beast. I get in it almost push the pedal through the floor cause in use to my mustangs but it's soooooo soft in the rodeo plus it's slipping last time I drive it.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Don't put a little patch line where the damper was. Just remove the old likes and use standard line from the rubber hose fitting right to the master. You will have to steal the fittings off the old line.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's what I'm gonna do but what size line do I have to get. I have no idea and I can't check on mine cause I'm not driving it and it's at my buddy's house so I can do the clutch this weekend.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have a 95 trooper and I removed ALL the lines and put a stainless line. The sizes are metric and the fittings are hard to find. I had a local hydro shop make it. It only cost 50.00 and was tested to 3000 lbs. it's not worth rigging it and getting stuck on the trail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts