Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been two months and I absolutely love it here. I got an apartment right in the middle of Moab a while back with four of my coworkers. 120 dollars a month :D I have been working all over the state and it is just spectacular. Not sure if anyone here has lived in Moab. I could definitely see myself staying here for a while. If you posses the outdoor/party personality then you would like it here. Everyone here is single and horny, no lie it's nice.

Still assimilating myself in with the locals. The people that live here are very nice, most of them are seasonal workers, lots of rafting people. River sports are very good right now because the Colorado is very high from all the snow melt and high amounts of rainfall. We have become well connected with the Moab BLM field office. They have plenty of work for us to do. I could see myself working for them in the future. Maybe making a career out of it. Who knows.

Tomorrow we will be working in the Maniti Lasal National Forest. We just got back from working in Capitol Reef national park. Very pretty! Next week we will be heading to Rainbow Bridge. Very excited for that one!
By far my favorite thing to do is head out and go wherever you want in the BLM lands. Getting away from it all is very nice.

Oh and I effing miss my Amigo. Too many damn jeeps here man....

Here are a few of the many pictures I have.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Great pictures! Please keep posting them.

Are you working for the USFS or BLM down there? It must be like 110 degrees everyday, eh?

I used to spend a lot of time in Moab in the 90's and really love the place. Be sure not to miss Goblin Valley, although it's about 80 miles away. For reference, see the film "Galaxy Quest", which was filmed there.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tatohead said:
Great pictures! Please keep posting them.

Are you working for the USFS or BLM down there? It must be like 110 degrees everyday, eh?

I used to spend a lot of time in Moab in the 90's and really love the place. Be sure not to miss Goblin Valley, although it's about 80 miles away. For reference, see the film "Galaxy Quest", which was filmed there.
That movie is funny as hell. I am not working for either. I am with the conservation core and they are sending us everywhere and to anyone who needs help whether it is forest service, blm, or the national parks. Most of the work so far involves the repairing and creation of campgrounds and trails. The whole state is having large amounts of erosion problems with all the rainfall and snow....I really hope to be working with the BLM after I get through with this, maybe even out of the the MOAB field office :shock:

Oh and the weather rocks. I love the no humidity dry heat! Way better than Florida...

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Hell yes, I love that place. Would move there in a heartbeat, if I wasnt such a family guy. I love my family and could not, not see them.

GOOD FOR YOU!

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
did i miss something? What happened to your 'migo?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
rodeo joe said:
did i miss something? What happened to your 'migo?
He left in in Florida while he is on this internship :D

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
He left in in Florida while he is on this internship
Way sad to be working in a place like Moab without your Favorite rig to tool around in. That cute little amigo would be quite the chick magnet. Like the old commercial said in the Amigo song, "fun for a girl and a boy." :lol:

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
What a great experience. I wish I could spend more than a week at a time there...

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yo! Back in Moab for the weekend. Heading to Page Arizona on Monday. Looks like a pretty interesting place. Last week we were in the Lasal's and we repaired about 4 miles of trail. Very cool and satisfying work. I think I have some pics somewhere.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
We tried to do La Sal Pass in May...

...but ran into snow

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wow... living in Moab WITHOUT your Zoo. That's just not right!
I'd love to find an excuse to move there.
Anyway, enjoy your time there and maybe you can get a permanent gig there someday.

·
Banned
198 Posts
jwood1016 said:
It's been two months and I absolutely love it here. I got an apartment right in the middle of Moab a while back with four of my coworkers. 120 dollars a month :D I have been working all over the state and it is just spectacular. Not sure if anyone here has lived in Moab. I could definitely see myself staying here for a while. If you posses the outdoor/party personality then you would like it here. Everyone here is single and horny, no lie it's nice.

Still assimilating myself in with the locals. The people that live here are very nice, most of them are seasonal workers, lots of rafting people. River sports are very good right now because the Colorado is very high from all the snow melt and high amounts of rainfall. We have become well connected with the Moab BLM field office. They have plenty of work for us to do. I could see myself working for them in the future. Maybe making a career out of it. Who knows.

Tomorrow we will be working in the Maniti Lasal National Forest. We just got back from working in Capitol Reef national park. Very pretty! Next week we will be heading to Rainbow Bridge. Very excited for that one!
By far my favorite thing to do is head out and go wherever you want in the BLM lands. Getting away from it all is very nice.

Here are a few of the many pictures I have.

When you add to much sharpness you start to show artifacts and grain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts