Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm curious, what's the "Holy Grail" of Isuzu factory options? Snowflakes are nice, but is there some odd factory option you are willing to admit is out there and you are looking for?

Rodeo
- Factory Brush Guards
- XS package
- Snowflakes
- Rear Toneau cover

Trooper
- Snow Plow
- Factory Hitch Bumper
- Diesel engine
- 2 door Trooper RS package
- Rear Heater
- Console Clock
- Split Rear Seats
- Rear Toneau cover
- G80 Limited Slip Diff
- Roof mount Rear Speakers
- Snowflakes

VX
- Pearl Paint

(Note: I'm going to list suggestions and I'll try to order it according to scarcity)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
G80 LSD
I like to think brushguards are kinda rare but well liked, but im not 100% on that.

Seems like each model owner has different options they consider sacred since most models had different options. :lol:

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I think the 91-92 XS models in general are sacred cause there were only so many of them produced; but I think that way with the 96-97 models as well.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
G80 seems to be pretty common.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
I personally have never seen a first gen Trooper with G80. I'm not sure it was even an option, If I'm wrong please correct me cuz I'd love to hold out hope for finding one some day.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Second gen Rodeo factory brush guards seem pretty rare to me. When I found mine at Spalding's it was the first time I'd seen one.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
the bigger tires on the gen 1 (which was with the snowflake option)

·
Registered
590 Posts
how rare were the clocks in the center console on the 1st gen trooper? I've only seen a couple.

Also only seen one 1st gen trooper with the rear speakers mounted to the roof instead of in the doors.

·
Registered
523 Posts
mckenziedg said:
how rare were the clocks in the center console on the 1st gen trooper? I've only seen a couple.

Also only seen one 1st gen trooper with the rear speakers mounted to the roof instead of in the doors.
My 86 two door came with both!!! Sadly the console sucked size wise, so I removed it.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
G80 in the first gen is pretty common, I think. Mine had it. It also had the speakers in the roof. Another pseudo rare option in the Gen1 trooper was the split folding rear seat, able to take the sides off and extend it for a "sleeping" area, big enough for the average Japanese man I guess, my 6'2" was a little tall for it.

Some more gen 1 Trooper options that mine had:

-Rear heater, located under the front passenger seat. Totally awesome for those Canadian mornings. I wish my Xterra had this.
-intermittent wipers (some didn't have these!
-Cargo cover
-Factory hitch bumper
-Cruise control

Ash trays everywhere but not a single cup holder...

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
I've got a couple Troopers with the roof mounted rear speakers and a couple with the split rear bench. I saw a clock once in an '87 diesel. The rear toneau cover is a pretty desirable option that you don't see every day.

·
Registered
925 Posts
********** said:
I personally have never seen a first gen Trooper with G80. I'm not sure it was even an option, If I'm wrong please correct me cuz I'd love to hold out hope for finding one some day.
My 90 Troop (Red) had an open diff, and when I found the parts truck, I was in for a surprise when i looked on the option plate, and saw it said G80.

Take a look at the build thread for Red.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did the factory make running boards (tube or otherwise) for the Rodeo or Trooper?

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
AudioRedneck said:
Did the factory make running boards (tube or otherwise) for the Rodeo or Trooper?
they had a "big Joe" package on the 88-89 style pickup 4x4s. it was horrendous!! usually YELLOW push guard,side step tube and tube roll bars on either RED or Black standard cab 4x4s. even saw one with David Leisure's face on the back window like a tint. the better one was the splash graphics on the same truck.....just VERY 80s...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In black, that would look great. (I mean the bumper, rollbars, and runners in black)

·
Registered
677 Posts
1st gen Rodeo,

Heated mirrors in black, not chrome.
The cargo cover in gray to match the interior.

Those are things the options list says were available, but I've never found them.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I once bought a '59 Chevy that came with a girl in the front seat. I dated her for a year.

Accessories like that are hard to come by.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
How about 3rd row seats for a 2nd and 3rd generation Trooper

1 - 20 of 28 Posts