Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - not bashing marriage, after all I am married and - well, as they say a man lives longer if he's married than if he's not.

I don't know how that works as I am sure the aggravation has to count for something - but I'm not here to bash a fine institution like marriage - but who wants to live in an institution?

Lessee ---- without a wife, you'd have all sorts of time for 'things' and activities that a woman just doesn't understand - right?

Enyway - the following are pixs of guys obviously without wives telling them::

• "ARE YOU FREEKIN' CRAZY?"

·
Registered
251 Posts
:shock: Whats wrong with burnouts in the living room? or an AC in the rear window?

Manngenuity and Mangineering is what we live for..........

·
Registered
523 Posts
That lawn mower pic made me spew coffee out my nose!!!!! cough cough!!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Oh yeah....I remember being single now. I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife....

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jeremy_worden said:
my uncle has dont this with his previous wife...

:lol: :lol:
His previous wife left black rubber marks on the floor?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
There are things you do to satisfy your own curiosity and their need to interact with the external world. Women work to redirect these actions towards less dynamic and less risky objectives. In western culture we call this the stabilizing influence of the wife.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Married men may live longer but they are also more willing to die! :) The mower picture reminded me of my friend Harry. He took the push handle off his mower and welded a short handle on each side so one person could walk on each side of a hedge and trim it carrying the mower at the right height.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Airhead rider said:
Married men may live longer but they are also more willing to die! :)
Married men don't live longer.

They just feel like they do.

Time flies when yer having fun.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sadly - you may not be far from the truth.

I watch the street campers all the time.

My first wife and I saw people living under picnic tables in the rain with a dry cleaning bag over it and layers of newspapers on the ground to stay dry and warm.

Most times it was a mom, a couple of kids past the crawler stage and a new-born wrapped in paper bags and old blankets in the winter rains - and daddy was gone.

The father had moved his family from Texas or Oklahoma and when he got here he found a job and then split and left the wife and kids to survive as best that they could.

My first wife and I set up a portable school house for the kids to learn to read and write at least - since the schools wouldn't let them enroll as they had no address.

We did this for almost four years until my wife died of a heart attack. She was responsible for at least a few dozen kids learning to read and write - but the government considered them waste and not fit for even a primary education.

Sorry - some things just aren't fair.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
SurferJoe said:

I watch the street campers all the time.

My first wife and I saw people living under picnic tables in the rain with a dry cleaning bag over it and layers of newspapers on the ground to stay dry and warm.

Most times it was a mom, a couple of kids past the crawler stage and a new-born wrapped in paper bags and old blankets in the winter rains - and daddy was gone.

The father had moved his family from Texas or Oklahoma and when he got here he found a job and then split and left the wife and kids to survive as best that they could.

My first wife and I set up a portable school house for the kids to learn to read and write at least - since the schools wouldn't let them enroll as they had no address.

We did this for almost four years until my wife died of a heart attack. She was responsible for at least a few dozen kids learning to read and write - but the government considered them waste and not fit for even a primary education.

so true sorry about the :lol: its NOT funny if it happen to me or any one sad time in the usa not fair. :(

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahhhh - don't worry about it - sometimes the only way we can handle these scenes is to try to see some humor in them.

People are funny - not in a 'ha-ha' way - but in ways that they cope with situations that are out of their control and ability to help or mollify.

I try to never minimize a person's plight - but there are times when there is something sadly funny in it all. Macabre, maybe - but like a train wreck, we all keep on watching.

This is why I stay away from first-shooter games or any game that takes a life, even in pixels. It causes us to lose and deny the somber message that we too could be in that condition of need and despair.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
SurferJoe said:

Your wife was a real woman Joe. I wish more people were more like she and my wife! :D

Growing up in california myself and reading that post (coming from surfer Joe "a californian") gives me chills. When I think back of my childhood. I feel like I've lived two lives in 22 yrs in california then I have in 14yrs the mid west where everything is layed back and futures are less wild and more planned. I miss california but it's a dog eat dog world out there. Theres no joking about the harshness of the living conditions of the big cities. I know....I was practically one of them. I've come a long way baby! :wink:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
California is for rich people or for someone who can work for rich people. The small businesses are all mowed over and a lot of the bigger ones are in the same way now.

I think the free wheeling spirit and do-you're-own-thing types have run out of options and people to harm or close to it by now.

Everybody's in denial that there's even any troubles here - but telling yourself that there isn't a 3000 lb gorilla in the room is kinda dumb.

Waiting for the next shoe to drop - and most people here have had a few shoes hit them in very bad ways - they pray that the current situation will be mitigated by people who care not whether they live or die.

Politics has become a full-time career and all that happens is very good for the politicians or the movie actors - (sometimes they are the same people) and very bad for the trench dwellers.

So an unofficial blind eye is turned toward those who really need help - but it's prolly too late to feed, house or help them - the cupboard is bare.

If you are looking for the milk of human kindness, California isn't the cow.

Now Rerun Brown (the old 'Governor Moonbeam") has approved a 'mileage fee' for the number of miles a car is driven in the state.

The actual computed amount is under debate - but you will get to pay another fee - (not a tax, since that would have to be voted in by the public) - and you will get a bill in the mail twice a year for the miles you drove on any streets.

My friend from Bulgaria told me a funny: they get fees and taxes increased all the time and they ask: "Do you want us to buy the rope to hang us too?"

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Iowa, and probably most states are looking at the mileage tax as well. Too many cars getting more miles per gallon and they are also worried about more electric cars, both causing losses on the road use tax attached to fuel.
As is often the case, you can't win! Iowa has already ran a test program on it, sending bills I believe monthly.
This is certain to happen but right the governor said it's a number of years off unless they can get car manufactures to include the necessary software in new vehicles.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Oregon has been running a cost per mile deal for years.
but its just its the big rigs, they pay about 25 cents less a gal. but pay like 10 or 25 cents a mile :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.