Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy folks

when driving over a speed bump at any other speed but really slow, the front of the truck goes down as normal, but there is a loud knock both heard loud in the cabin and felt on the floor beneath the driver. this also holds true on bigger bumps on the road.

any ideas?

also

really bad squeaking and creaking coming from front when i drive, and when i rock the truck back and forth in the driveway. seems to be coming from upper ball joint. is this a greasable fix?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
need a upper ball joint :(

any cheap spots??

also - now, since my lift i am at two upper ball joints and a cv axle replaced.

what next???

·
Registered
478 Posts
It comes with the territory. I have the same loud knock on my trooper, and i have just learned to accept it. Its probably tearing something up, but ill pave that road when i come to it.
-J :wink:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have found that the soft clunk when backing up was a failing CV Joint. I learned this the hard way. Is it the opposite axle that you replaced? Could be that, and the joint can be rebuilt before it disintegrates. Or, it could be shock mounts or ball joints. Just throwing out suggestions here, I could be way off track here.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Lucky you

I just confirmed that my loud pop is the passenger side LCA bushing. I duct taped my camcorder to the torsion bar and took it for a short drive (a few spaces over in the parking lot). When I pull into the parking space you can hear the POP and the LCA jumps about 1/4".

Joy :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.