Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I just bought 98 Trooper with 62k
I wanted to know if when I'm going to do the 60k service I also should change the timing belt and the water pump even that in the manual it's say to do it just in 75k or should I wait another 15k.
Thanks tom Berkeley ca

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am pretty sure, not positive, there is a TSB changing the timing belt interval to 100kmis. Those that have done the job already have mostly reported theirs looked fine and could have likely made it to at least 125kmi or more.

That being said, at some point age and mileage both come into play. Thus, my $.02 is you can probably wait to around 100kmi. but no later than another couple of years.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tomster is right. For the most part the TSB stated that the 98 Trooper timing belt change should be in line with the 99+ Troopers.(ie- 100k change). Like a nimrod, I just had mine changed at the 75k mark and the belt and water pump looked fine according to my mechanic (really appreciated him pointing that out after seeing the bill :x ). Anyway, the TSB and Isuzu do say that the belt should be changed at 75k if the vehicle is used for "severe duty" whatever the hell that means...

Just keep a watchful eye on your oil level and your Trooper should run for at least another 100k with proper upkeep. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.