·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that in all the bone yards here in town, and in Ark & ms,
every MK1 Trooper carcass is the 4 cyl...even up around nashville
as well..very rarely,have I've seen a 6 banger..unless it was
hit head on...Most of the yards tell me, that the v6's fly outta
there fairly fast...ALONG with rear ends and front seats..

·
Registered
478 Posts
I cant understand why anyone would want a 2.8l v6.
Same goes for the seats.

The rear ends, i can understand....

...but a small, underpowered pig of a motor, and semi-fragile, uncomfortable front seats (not to mention with an optional ugly color brown tweed)??

I see alot of them down here. In fact, they are about 50/50.
-J :wink:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why would anyone want the v6????
What???? Your post seems to suggest that there's an alternative. It's either that or the miserable 4 banger.
Sure, I guess you could stuff a northstar under the hood for about $3,500 plus custom wiring harnesses and adaptors....

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bishop242 said:
What???? Your post seems to suggest that there's an alternative. It's either that or the miserable 4 banger.
Sure, I guess you could stuff a northstar under the hood for about $3,500 plus custom wiring harnesses and adaptors....
maybe he was just being funny..I've seen way too many of the
4 bangers..with bad heads, and blown head gaskets....down here..
and with the high heat and humidity, they give up the ghost, but
quick..The 6 cyl..at least held up a tad better...being a GM
power plant..some people love 'em, others wanna dis owned them..

so, what's the alternative ? and yeah, that tweed was pretty spartan

sorta reminds me of those early VW Fox's.with the cloth-tweed seats
that wore out pretty much in the same spot...Lucky my seats were well
taken care of, my the original first owner..and still looks darn near new..

has anyone either had them re done..or slap in another interior, say
from a rodeo, or non isuzu suv ?

as i mentioned before, the boneyards the 4 bangers far out number the
2.8's.....I'm happy in an sense, there are a decent amount of MK 1's
still in the yards..allowing people to cherry pick certain parts that haven't been re introduced by third party aftermarket companies..

I think the first gen troopers are not bad..despite some of the bad raps
given them......

·
Registered
478 Posts
bishop242 said:
Chill out man...I was in fact just being funny, or at least trying to be.

Reason i said that is cause the 2.8 isnt exactly loved by any community that it has been a part of. The S-10 guys swap them for v-8s, the trooper guys swap them for 3.4's, and the Jeep guys.....nobody wheels them anyway....(SARCASM)

They dont exactly blow up much (the block is pretty thick), and the heads dont give up the ghost much, so the heads arent in that huge of a demand.

All im saying is that it isnt a very popular motor.

Im not trying to give the troopers a bad rap....sure i would like it to have a little more grunt, and it has its quirks, but im not dissing the vehicle. So really, unwad them panties. :roll:
-J :wink:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yea, I have to admit the seats are pretty much crap (mine are gray but that doesn't help much). I had to unload my 89 with the 4cyl because of the head gaskets.

Oh, and Trooperj, sorry, didn't mean to offend you. If I had known you were sensitive I would have been more careful.:twisted:

I know your not giving the trooper a bad rap, it looks like you own a pretty bad-*** 1990

BTW: Sorry, can't unwad them panties till I get them past your wifes ankles :wink: (just being funny, or at least trying to be.)

Peace brother! It's all in good fun.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a '87 pontiac Fiero..with that same v6 ..2.8 5sp. not a bad motor...I eventually plan to replace it with the Pontiac 3800 super charged....

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
A) I was totally happy with the 2.8 in my 91 Trooper. Would have liked better gas mileage, but...
B) The boneyard situation down here is beyond ridiculous. There are rarely ANY kind of first gen Isuzus. Now, they have jacked up their prices, AND are charging even MORE by adding an "extended warranty" unless you opt for no warranty. It's easier, and often cheaper to just buy off ebay. Oh, one other thing - the holiday sales are gone using covid as an excuse. Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts