Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should a set of factory rims from a '96 Trooper fit on a '02 Rodeo Sport? I want to put a set of manual hubs on the rodeo, and the existing rims do not have removable center caps. I know they are both 16x6 or whatever the factory spec is, but i am not sure about backspacing? Here are the rims in question. I don't have any pics of the rodeo yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't see why not, as you said 16x6 etc. Can you test fit em? I am not familiar w/ newer gen. wheel backspacing. Usually manufactures keep the wheels within similiar measurements from I found by swapping wheels from the same make between different models.

Craig

·
Registered
327 Posts
Your Rodeo Sport should have the "Big Nut" style hub flange which isn't compatible with manual hubs unless you swap them (and a bunch of other stuff) with parts from a Rodeo/RS/Trooper with the older style hub flanges.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I am currently running 98 Amigo wheels on my 93 Trooper, so it should work the other way around too.

But the "big nut" thing might torpedo your efforts anyway...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Adam, as Canucklehead said you are going to run into a few roadblocks with the manual hub idea on the 02.

You'll end up having to replace the CV's and spindles, and I'm not sure abotu the brakes. I'd have to look into it further to see if the upper and lower balljoints are the same and that way you'd just pull the whole spindle off of a 98-01 complete with the brakes and all and just swap it over.

That part wouldn't be too bad. The CV's would be the worst part of the deal, other than cost.

Joe

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The breaks are different. First off they are bigger discs. Second is that
the disc can be removed without taking the hub off. I think floating is
the term. I actually think this is a GM part that was swapped out for the
02's and up Isuzus. This is cool because you do not have to regrease the
bearings during a break job.

Good question about the ball joints.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, shows you how much time i have spent looking this truck over. I have been a slacker in such things. Can you believe it has no mods even? :oops: Any other glaring differences from standard isuzu practices?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts