Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1990 Trooper V6 2.8L radiator question: Need a new radiator and aftermarket is scarce for a V6 model....put an aluminum in 3 years ago and already leaking so trying to source a brass model. Problem is aftermarket units are readily available for the non V6 engine models and all list it only applicable for the 4 cylinder, BUT the Original Isuzu parts diagrams online list same part number ( 8944595532) for both the 4 and V6.

Is there a difference in the radiators between engines?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It seems the radiator for a V6 is same for isuzu engine if it's manual transmission. It's confusing as most aftermarket s have different part numbers

·
Registered
667 Posts
skydawg said:
It seems the radiator for a V6 is same for isuzu engine if it's manual transmission. It's confusing as most aftermarket s have different part numbers
If you mean its the same as the 2.6 4 cylinder then I got mine from Summit Racing for ~$175. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
skydawg said:
V-6 manual uses the same radiator as the V-6 auto? Or the V-6 manual is the same as the I-4 manual?

Mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
The latter, 4 cylinder manual and V6 manual use the same radiator. Models with automatic transmission use different radiator, as they need to have an additional section for cooling down hydraulic fluid.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Jake.Werecat said:
Models with automatic transmission use different radiator, as they need to have an additional section for cooling down hydraulic fluid.
Figured that. Main reason I asked is I'd have thought the 4 cyl and 6 cyl would have had different inlet and outlet positions?

Mike

·
Registered
667 Posts
gruff54 said:
Jake.Werecat said:
Models with automatic transmission use different radiator, as they need to have an additional section for cooling down hydraulic fluid.
Figured that. Main reason I asked is I'd have thought the 4 cyl and 6 cyl would have had different inlet and outlet positions?

Mike
That makes sense. The aftermarket one I bought for mine has the pipes for a transmission cooler as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1ST GEN TROOPER RADIATOR,
I know this is an old thread but maybe someone here still needs the Radiator

Follow Ebay Link Below, it is not cheap but looks OEM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312958479536

1 - 8 of 8 Posts