·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pictures of my Isuzu Trooper 1998 3.0 TDi

Dropped in some ice that broke

Nice flex...

Me and my brothers MMC Pajero

Powering through a snow bank with diesel power !

On top of a mountain going through snow...

Regards, Valdimar from Iceland

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
DROOOOOL!!! First off, it's snow. We don't normally get more than 3-4" here, and they ice it until it's mush. Second and more importantly NICE TROOPER!!! I'd LOVE a set of those fender flares. I mean wow, they look perfect. May I ask what a set of those runs? What size tires can you clear and what else have you done to it?

I might have to fly to Iceland with an empty suitcase and a full wallet. I haven't even mentioned the diesel part :)

Thanks for the tantalizing pics, and welcome to Planetisuzoo!

-Tad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, i´ve been reading this forum since this summer when i bought this Trooper which was transformed from a tarmac-carpet to a glacier-goer in January 2004 but this is my first post. Thanks for a great forum, guys.

It has icelandic-made flares which cost probably around $1000-1200. I can check that if you want and even arrange for a purchase .... It had them when I got it. (And yes, they look awsome)

In those pics I have a set of Super Swamper IROK´s 37x12.5x15 but when real winter strikes I will be putting on 38x15x15 Ground Hawgs.

It has not much else but stock except for VHF radio, GPS+laptop, ViAir400 for putting air back into the tires after a 2 pound snow play. Future plans are 5.38 diffs, maybe a TeraLow in the transfer case, an air locker in both diffs, my Light Force 24 to light up the 18 hour darkness we have here during winter and misc. other stuff....

Regards,
Valdimar

P.S. Please have a look at my clubs picture page, you will find some very nice 4wheeling pictures and nice sceneries, thanks guys.....
http://www.f4x4.is/new/photoalbum/

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
icetroop said:
It has icelandic-made flares which cost probably around $1000-1200. I can check that if you want and even arrange for a purchase .... It had them when I got it. (And yes, they look awsome)
Ahh, yet another item to add to the list of things that I'd love to have but would probably have to sell a kidney to get :) They are on the list above a Mercedes G-Wagen though, so there is hope.

Thanks for the support.

Nice truck, too bad about the darkness.

-Tad

·
Registered
763 Posts
Very cool. How did you cut enough from back of front fender wells to stop rubbing? I rub a bit w/ 33s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you cut enough from back of front fender wells to stop rubbing? I rub a bit w/ 33s
The body is lifted 10cm (4 inches) from the frame and then the angle grinder and a large hammer are put to good use. :D

Regards...
IceTroop

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
okay, i know this is an old post but JEEZUS MURPHY you guys build your trucks big, i mean, i cheacked out your clubs website and every picture has a monster truck in it. Wow. Is it a rich guys sport or are parts cheap? Or perhaps the government sponsers your vehicles? Come on- there has to be a reason!!! I'm jealous.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
WOW :shock:

What a sweet Trooper and great pics.

Must be nice!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thats awesome! Very nice Trooper!
I have a picture of a TFS with those huge tyres!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Summer pics I took while on vacation in the North-West part of Iceland.

Maybe more to follow :)

Regards,
Valdi

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Awesome pics althought the links are a bit flukey.

The next to last is now my desktop 8)

Cheers,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, It took a bit of trial and error to get the posting right but it should be OK now.

(I found out the hard way that this software does not support spaces in the photos names)

Thanks for looking,

Valdi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...but I thougt I´ll show you this:

My friend is the headguy of the car department in a rescue team here in Iceland (in Gardabaer to be excact) and this is their transportation when the going gets tough. The only NEW LC with 44" in the world !!!

It is a 2004 Toyota Landcruiser with the original front and rear suspension ripped out and a brand new LC 80 series put in instead. This car has "EVERYTHING". Enjoy !!

And if you want to see a massive Patrol check this out:
http://www.f4x4.is/new/photoalbum/?file=carmembers/3718

Hope you like although it´s not an Isuzu....

Valdi

·
Registered
265 Posts
Holy crap, simply holy crap.

I wish more of that site was in english so I could find stuff lol.

Awesome rigs!

Nick

·
Registered
265 Posts
Please god stop, your killing me!!!

"Here lies Nick

Died of heart failure due to too much envy

RIP"

Nick

·
Registered
825 Posts
nice pics, wow.

makes me feel so pathetic with 2 inches of cheapo lift and 265-75-16s.

inspires me, a lot, I see a lot of hard earned money getting dumped into my zoozoo soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts