Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I thought I'd share what happened to me and my 89 Troop yesterday.

So the weather clears up and my roommate and I were bored so we decided to go out of town and shoot some targets. We drive far out of town miles into gravel roads and come to this old dirt township road that has turned into a sloppy mess from the heavy rain the day before. So we decide that nobody should bother us this far out, so i get out, turn the hubs and head in. It was quite a mess but the Trooper didn't have much trouble. We get to our spot and start blastin off rounds and what not when 20 minutes later we look over we see these 2 chevy trucks blocking off the way we came in. We were out of ammo and the bugs and weather was getting bad so we plan on going back to town. We didn't know what these trucks had planned so we decided that instead of going out the way we came in, to just keep going on this muddy road and hope for a gravel road at the end of it.

Well as soon as we take off one truck tried following me but quickly got stuck, and the other took off. We get to a muddy crossroad and take a right, We drive for another 10 minutes there's mud fully covering the truck by now and we see a gravel road ahead and were thinking we're out. I pull up to the stop sign and literally from behind this large bush this other truck pops out and parks horizontally in front of me, The guy has his window down and he's just hollering at me because he doesn't appreciate me ripping up their roads. I tell him that it's not posted and I have every right to be there. Then he tells me that he has the sheriff coming down and he's gonna keep me there till he comes. I say "up yours", back up and take a small section of the ditch around his truck I get on the gravel road, but as soon I'm up I see another completely different truck coming right at me while the guy behind me put it in reverse to try to pin me in, The truck coming in front of me stops a foot in front bumper. At this point I believed they thought they had me because the guy behind me opened his door, these clowns very much underestimated my trooper and I backed left and quickly hooked a right forward while the guy tried to block me, I went all the way down through the bottom of the mud pit ditch and went around them up and out, I floored it and got the hell out of there, these guys were in a mess trying to turn their trucks around and eventually gave up. I can't believe these dopes had nothing better to do then hassle me. I'm also sure they didn't know we had 2 rifles, a Ruger .357, and a .40 semi auto S&W.

Well in conclusion the sheriff called a my cell a half hour later and said that I was reported for "mudding" but said I wasn't doing anything outside the law since I never left the road. I love my trooper :)

P.S. 5 min after the sheriff called a nasty storm cell filled with tornadoes pretty much turned the whole Fargo area into a war zone. It's all good though, nobody died.

Thanks for reading!
Tom

·
Registered
239 Posts
And this is why we drive troopers. Good story. Sorry you got hassled by those idoits though. Guess they were bored to right?

·
Registered
74 Posts
good story!

last week, i was basically out of options(it was the night all the tornados hit dallas area) so i had to drive the trooper an hour and a half home, couldnt get about 40 so i had to take all the dirty roads. i watched several cars get swept off the road from so much rain water, and even i was hydroplaning on my 35's. ended up taking the shoulder of the road home, passing people whos cars were stuck. i was running on 5 cylinders and a blow head gasket lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.