Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to put a dual exhaust on a 93 Trooper? How much will it run to do so? Any recomendations on the mufflers? I plan on putting hi-flow cats, and recomendations on those also?

Thanks in advance,

Dustin

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i dont see where there would be too much of a gain in performance. unless you want the look, just go with a 2.5" exhaust from the collector back with a high flow cat and a high flow muffler. that would be about as much flow as a trooper would have. you gotta be running massive horsepower to justify a dual exhaust. unless you just have to have the look, then go for it. it would probably be quite pricy.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I am not aware of any pre-made systems out there. You will have to find a shop that bends their own pipe and is willing to do custom work. If you get it done, let us know how much it cost...I would love to get rid of the crossover pipe that hangs so low under there (at least on my DOHC, not sure if the SOHC is the same or not).

·
Registered
566 Posts
Calmini does make a kit that fits your troop, but its not dual. Like Rodeoholic said, dual exhausts is overkill for a low output v6. Theres not going to be any performance gains. It will be more expensive and heavier due to having to use extra pipe and 2 mufflers and 2 cats. If you still want it for the looks, consider getting a single muffler with dual outlets.
________
XR650L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.