Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i'd throw this one at all of you,i was sitting outside looking at the troop and i thought that maybe i could cut the back off the cab and make it a crew cab type.kinda like the new hummer,put some diamond plate back there and make open in the back.thanks in advance for any imput.

shoe

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you know how to do the fab work anything is possible. I have seen several Cherokees that have had the same thing done. For some ideas, check out aev-conversions.com. Yeah I know, it is Jeep crap, but cool looking none the less. Good Luck!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can do the fab work,just wondering if it would look like crap or not and has anyone ever seen one done .things ya do while waiting on engine parts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
shoestring said:
i can do the fab work,just wondering if it would look like crap or not and has anyone ever seen one done .things ya do while waiting on engine parts.
There was atleast one person who cut the back off just like what you said. I can't remember where I saw the pages but it's somewhere on the net.

Cheers,
Con

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've worked at a body shop for a couple of years and had thought about chopping mine off either behind the windshield or the driver's seat. Haven't gained the courage yet. Hope to do it some day.

KTT

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the imput,sure am glad i threw this up,after looking at the pictures i think i'll leave it stock. i don't think it looks so bad its just not the way i want it to look.thanks again...

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
hi,
it was done to a 2 door Trooper. It was on Ebay about a year ago and its painted BRIGHT YELLOW. Looks different, with the 2 door, the back looks better, then the shorter 4 door with the back off (No offfense Canada guy). My new project, if i get this Amigo im lookng at, is a 4 door Rodeo with an AMigo back. Ive built one before, but sold it before completion. I have a few other ideas to improve on the design i started with. Just give me a year or two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.