Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so like 3 weeks ago belt snapped on alternator, no biggie got them all taken care of. BUT when I went to pay the bill the mechanic said to me "Are you sure you want to invest in this thing?" I said "Why, is it that bad?" So it turns out we are not sure how the damn thing is staying together. So if someone out there wants my 1989 Trooper II for parts let me know. Engine is great the rest of her is a wreck. I will be getting a new SUV in a few weeks when my taxes come in. She has a BRAND new windshield too. Master Cylinder is about shot, needs gas tank REAPLACED exhaust is swiss cheese. There is more I am probably missing. But I am willing to give her up for cheap!

Any takers?

I am in Pennsylvania BTW... Northeast area

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmmm...give me a hundo and I'll take her off your hands...but only if you'll guarantee that all her parts match up to my 93. For that deal, I'll even come get her. J/K...well kinda.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I can feel for you. I had to get my frame repaired to pass inspection then ended up also replacing the gas tank. Ouch! My Troop is running well now but I am still running stock. If you plan to part it your Troop, I am looking for a set of manual hubs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't buy a new SUV, there garbage, fix the trooper.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Sorry, but I'd disagree with the keep it advise. From your post and the fact that you are in PA, it sounds like you have a major rust problem. While each item, including the frame, can be "fixed" it will cost you thousands. Even then you will be fighting rust for as long as you have the rig. Body panels will rust out and all future repairs will be a whole lot more difficult than you expect.

If you want to stick with a Trooper, try to find a first gen with good body and frame that has a blown head. You see them from time to time for around $500. Pick up one and do an engine swap. It will be a lot cheaper than fixing your rig and you won't be fighting rust the whole time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.