Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone bought any? How did you like them? Only company I have seen that makes them is Bushwacker, but they never have a picture of what they look like installed.

If you have aftermarket fender flares, would you mind posting a picture and info about them please?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here is a link as bad as it is. I will try to get some better pictures during the day. I think these are Bushwhackers, but I got them used in a salvage yard, so I am not sure.

I think Calmini has some as well. May be reselling bushWhackers, but they had pics if I remember right.

http://community.webshots.com/album/184621028FcFgPW

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replys. The pix of the flares on the 1st generation look good. The pix of the 2nd generation are the "Icelandic" flare thingys... I recall someone on the Wire has them on his Troop but paid through the nose for them.

I guess I will see if I can get Bushwacker to show some pix of a 2nd Generation Trooper with their flares. Any other picks, please keep em' coming.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Any more info on the "Icelandic" flares? I'd like to look into them. What's the "Wire"? I'm new to all this Troop/4x4 stuff. Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Wire is www.4x4Wire.com. They have forums just like this but also cover all other types of 4WD vehicles. They have an Isuzu specific area also. Both this site and the Wire are excellent resources for information. Both sites have a SEARCH function which can help you locate information that may have already been covered and of interest to you. (when searching on 4x4Wire, make sure you read the instruction on how to do a search first. it can be a little tricky until you get to know how the system searches)

Listed below are some links to pictures of a Trooper with the Icelandic Flares and the email address of the person. I am sure he would be happy to discuss them with you. You could also seach on 4x4Wire, there is a write up somewhere I read about them.

http://community.webshots.com/user/boblarge32

http://community.webshots.com/user/boblarge31

[email protected]

hope this helps....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, the icelandic flares are huge. I like the ones that I got, but then again, I almost stole them. Ipaid $40 for the set, and they looked brand new. I am going to try and put some other pics up soon, but I forgot my camera at home today. Things have been a bit busy.

I agree, the wire is great, I have met a lot of great guys there as well, but don't post until you have tried to search at least. If you have trouble getting Boblarge, you can also PM him on the wire once you register. Registration is free just like here.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Yeah when you say these are not cheap you don't know how true this is. I could never buy those. I can't buy something for my truck that costs more than I paid for the truck itself.

It goes against everything I used to say about the people that ran around in beat up Fesitvias with neon lights and $5,000.00 stereos.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I belive the Bushwhackers are only 4-hundred-something from www.4wheelparts.com
Luckily for me, my tastes/desires don't dictate a need for them (I run stock sized tires and prob'ly won't ever go bigger than 31s). But, if anyone's interested in saving a hundy, then there ya go.
Phil

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The reason I brought this up was due to a new set of wheels. The backspacing was a little different than stock and with the 265's the tires will stick out about 2+" from the wheel well.

I appreciate the info!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Yeah, try running snowflakes and 285/75's, they are out there. They look good out there though. I'd love a set of Bushwacker flares. Now that I found out I can get them for cheaper than 500; they may just find their way to my truck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, I am running 31x10.5's on mine. I like the fact that the flares keep stuff from flying in the windows :>

I got a great deal, otherwise I wouldn't drop $500 flares on my $250 truck either.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Hey frisky if you ever decide to get rid of your truck or it dies or just whatever I want first dibbs on the Bushwackers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know, my shackles won't fit the mounts on there. I did like it with the bright shackles though. I will have to go to TSC and see what I can find.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.