Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT A PAIN IN THE ***!!!!!

Anyway my AC Clutch Bering is starting to grind so im taking one of my parts trooper and putting it on my daily driver.

This job Toke about 2 hours just to remove the bolts!!! they have little bolts attached to brackets which are almost IMPOSSIBLE to get to. Then after bolts removed it takes another 15-20 to fish the AC lines out. what a pain in the ***.

Really looking forward to taking mine off my daily driver and having to put the other one on.

Should be fun..

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Take off the drivers front wheel and go in thru the opening there. Tons easier. A little more can be had by disconnecting the steering column.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a good idea, i did it all laying under the truck it was a bitch to do.

taking off that front tire is a great idea never thought of that! thank you.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
twilson said:
thats a good idea, i did it all laying under the truck it was a bitch to do.

taking off that front tire is a great idea never thought of that! thank you.
That's what this forum is all about. Sharing information to make everyone's life a little bit easier. 8)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah now the compressor from the 98 wont fit on my 02, much larger, and bolts dont line up.

im going to maybe see if this mechanic can take the clutch berring from the 98 compressor and put it on the 02, i doubt it will even work so i guess im going to end up spending around 400 dollars to get a new ac compressor.. sucks!!!

hot as **** out on the east coast today!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts