Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trooper has had this problem for a long time, it always hesitates when you hit the gas pedal. It takes about 1 sec to respond to the opening of the throttle. When the engine is started in the morning or when the engine is cold and you hit the gas pedal, it backfires from the intake with a loud pop sound. I have changed all the sensors inthe car except the TPS, and yet it still happens on this particular car. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be the problem? Also i am thinking, could it be the cooling fan? cos the cluch went bad and a made the clutch fixed, so the fan rotates as fast as the engine.

JM

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Jungleman said:
My trooper has had this problem for a long time, it always hesitates when you hit the gas pedal. It takes about 1 sec to respond to the opening of the throttle. When the engine is started in the morning or when the engine is cold and you hit the gas pedal, it backfires from the intake with a loud pop sound. I have changed all the sensors inthe car except the TPS, and yet it still happens on this particular car. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be the problem? Also i am thinking, could it be the cooling fan? cos the cluch went bad and a made the clutch fixed, so the fan rotates as fast as the engine.

JM
IS THIS ENG A DOHC ,, IF SO IT IS PRETTY MUCH NORMAL ON THESE ENGS TO DO THIS UNTILL THEY WARM UP A BIT WHAT IS HAPPENING, IS IT IS NOT RUNNING RICH ENOUGH ON START UP AND IT CAN CAUSE IT TO POP BACK IN THE INTAKE UNTILL ABOUT 5MINUTES OF WARM UP TIME , YOU CAN MAKE IT STOP BUT IT TAKES A BIT OF PLAYING WITH A VARIABLE RESISTOR IN SERIOUS ITH THE TEMP SENSOR LINE WHICH IS ON THE REAR WATER CROSSOVER PIPE AND YOU HAVE TO DO IT PRETTY FAST , YOU WANT TO INCREASE THE RESISTANCE THAT THE ECM IS SEEING JUST ENOUGH TO ELIMNATE THE LEAN CONDITON , TOO MUCH AND IT WILL THEN CAUSE A PROB, WHEN THE ENG GETS HOT AND THE ECM GOES INTO CLOSED LOOKP IT MAY BE TOO RICH , THERE IS A FINE LINE THERE TO ADJUST IT , THIS CAN ALLSO DO THE SAME THING ON AN SOHC ENG BUT THE DOHC IS NOT UNHEARD OF AT ALL JERRY

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Jungleman said:

JM
FORGOT THE LAST PARAGRAPH , YOU REALLY NEED TO GET THAT FAN CLUTCH BACK ON, YOU WILL SEE A DRAMATIC INCREASE IN FUEL CONSUMPTION, AND SLOWER ACCELERATION,, NOT MENTIONING THE INCREASE IN THE NOISE LEVEL, THAT FAN IS DESIGNED TO PRETTY MUCH TURN FREE AT ABOUT 3500 RPM , THAT THING WILL SOUND LIKE AN AIRPLANE AT ABOUT 3000 RPM JERRY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.