Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been a while since i been on here, i got all thr bugs worked out on my isuzu, but in the last three weeks my trany has started slipping and is progressing, i have a small leak in the main pan but not enough to make that much of a change. i did notice a couple days a go that when you put it in low 1 , on the dash board it says 2... do they have a linkage or cylanoid transmission? or am i just in the beginning of replacing the whole thing? 2001 Rodeo LS v-6 2 wheel drive. any help would be appreciated.....thanks guys...................Dead broke

·
Registered
350 Posts
When the dashboard indicator shows a gear that is different from what gear the transmission is physically in, it is a classic symptom of a dirty/malfunctioning range mode sensor. This is the electronic device attached to the shifter input shaft at the side of the transmission and communicates to the computer which gear the transmission is in since it is electronically controlled. The RMS is located on the drivers side of the tranny and is pretty easy to remove and clean. Do a search for "range mode sensor" and I'm sure you'll find a thread with a write-up on how to go through and clean it. Also, I believe this is covered in the FAQ page.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts