Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions.

I have a friend that has a 1968 Cadillac that is in Pennsylvania, and he is in Wisconsin.

The story on the Caddy is it was his Uncle's who bought it new. 2 months after the purchase the uncle passed a away. So the car sat for a number of years (15). The car was given to my buddy on his 16th birthday. He drove it until he started college and then the car was parked in his grandma's garage (27k orginal miles). So now the car has been sitting for 17years. Of course the car doesn't run now. Tires are all dry rotted and trashed.

He has contact a ton of places to have it transported and the cheapest he can find is 3k (due to the size and the fact that id doesn't run).

So what options can you guys think of to get it home?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Where are you located geographically?
I would suggest waiting for a good window of warm, stable weather, and towing it yourself. You could rent a fullsize pickup from enterprise (get the weekly rate). And then slap a uhaul car carrier trailer on the back of it. I'd bet you could get that done for under $1500 (gas included).

·
Registered
28 Posts
First thing first.

for 1500 you could very easily just buy a new car trailer rated to 7k. Now if your towing it with your rig, whats it towing limit and max weight? A old caddy like that has to way a fair amount. Trailer brakes are a plus!!!.

Uhaul will murder you for the trailer rental.
DAS will also murder you and it will take several weeks to get it,,,, they won't deliever it to your door either. You have togo to a "HUB" of their's to get it and that at times can be over 100 miles.

You might want to try www.uship.com it's more of a hotshot loads site, but as long as your not a idiot that wants to only pay $150 bucks to get it. You can get guys that can and will do it. if you put it at around 500+ and require the driver to have insurance you should be set.

Fox

-----------------
2001 F250 Larait 6spd diesel
1994 F150 Lightning
1997 Isuzu Rodeo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.