Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dropped the 2001 trooper off at a transmission shop that was recommended to me. The owner told me that he would check it out and drop the tranny for free to see what is wrong with it. End result is it needs to be rebuilt to the tune of $1800 bucks! I said no thanks, I'll come pick it up just leave the key in it and I'll be by after work. He response was, "No problem but you owe me $500 for checking it out." Wha???? I went off and told him I wasn't going to pay a dime because he originally told me it would be free. He tells me to come pick it up now because he is going to push it into the street, so I went and got it. They had pushed it about 100yds away from their shop in the grass which made hooking it up to my tow bar a little difficult.

Ugh!!! I'm not mad about the 500 really, I didn't pay it, I'm mad that I was lied too. But I guess the good news is that now the transmission is out and apart :lol:

5speed swap? :lol:

Chris

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Yeah, free for $1800 dollars! :evil: That sucks.

Like you said though, now you know and I'd do the same thing, just source a replacement and swap it in myself. Good luck on the 5 speed swap. That sounds like a plan there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
thats not a bad idea...i should get a shop to remove my tranny for me. hahaha

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Once again if it sounds too good to be true it probably is....who in their right mind would offer to remove a tranny for free? Maybe free if you then let me repair it but even then the labor cost is going to be tacked on to the repair bill....nothings free.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
The diagnosis is always free....(IF they do the repair work).

Don't DARE put another PRND32L in there! lol.

~psguardian

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
To what inspection fees did you sign on the work order?

If it's in writing (you GOT it in writing - right????) you got 'em by the short hairs.

Otherwise, you got nutthin' here.

Tell us that you got a work order - in writing. Please?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did so don't worry. Yeah, I would have been fine with paying for it IF he had told me that it would cost something to look at. I didn't go into this trying to rip him off at all. He said, I will look at it and it won't cost you a thing, so I said ok.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
pain in the *** tranny....

INSERT TRANNY PIC HERE

:D :D :D

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Speaking of trannies.

Was in a restroom today. 3 other guys waiting for a urinal since both stalls were in use.
Hot blonde girl walks in, everyone was staring at her, someone said what ya doin in here baby?...

she cut in line for the urinal and unzipped her zipper. True story. :pukeright:

·
Registered
555 Posts
psguardian said:
The diagnosis is always free....(IF they do the repair work).

Don't DARE put another PRND32L in there! lol.

~psguardian
Not always,but yea,many if not most shops will deduct the diagnostic cost from the repair if you have them do it there.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
N law said:
pain in the *** tranny....
I don't think we need this. Can you delete the pic please? I really didn't need my young children walking by the computer and seeing that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts