Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently asked some questions about my trooper, I had a major boo boo a few months ago. It was driven off into a lake. I have gotten everything fixed, Motor Runs very very good. Transmission shifts perfect but I seem to be losing fluid from somewhere. I checked the Servo but it's not leaking. There seems to be a vent hose right above the bell housing which can be spotted with a flashlight from above. When i was looking at it, I noticed there's fluid around that area. When I drive for a long period of time, lets say 30 miles at 80mph and when I come to a stop, my transmission will lose quite a bit of fluid and it won't engage into drive after sitting at a light. Indeed the transmission had some water in it but didn't seem like too much. Should i replace it or does anyone know how to troubleshoot it. Not one transmission place where I live will touch a 4L30-E transmission. Now the second problem I have is My AC/Heater isn't working. I replaced the head but nothing works still. Is there any other modules that control it? The fuse isn't blown. Please If there's any Ideas I'm willing to try it.

Thanks Guys..

michael

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Did you drop the transmission pan, change the filter and refill with new fluid?

If not, your tranny probably has water mixed with the fluid and has created havoc....stop driving it, until you've done the above procedures or tranny will soon fail.

If it's spewed out fluid, it's not going to go into drive as it's probably super low on fluid.

Reactions: mpoddubsky

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im Not sure but i got a message from a user advising me to add my year make model etc.. sorry guys here it is

2000 Isuzu Trooper
3.5 V6
Automatic (4L30E)
LS TRIM 4x4

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
mpoddubsky said:
I have changed out the fluids.
ok...but did you change out the filter? If water got into the fluid, the filter absorbed water and can be causing a blockage to occur.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I changed the filter twice just to make sure

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
The 3-4 accumulator cover will only leak in 4th gear so most of the fluid is blow away by the air flow under the vehicle, so you may not notice the leak.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I'm honestly not sure.

Keep us posted in what you find out and report back......it goes a long way into helping the next person.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as the transmission I haven't quite figured it out. I did however figure out why I wasn't getting any heat or A/C. There's relays inside the truck where the fuse panel is. The very first one is for the Blower control. It was shorted out. I suggest if anyone who's had the same problem with the Heater and/or the A/C there's a big chance it'll be the fuse or Relay. You won't get voltage on your fuse if your relay isn't working. My transmission seems to be doing somewhat better. But I'm still unsure if I can trust it. I may just have it rebuilt. However, I'm a little worried about that because from what I understand these 4l30-e's are troublesome when it comes to being rebuilt. If you guys can tell me where I can get a full rebuild kit for a 2000 Isuzu trooper 4x4 LS edition that'll be helpful. If ANYTHING changes on my transmission I'll surely keep you all posted. Thanks to all of you for your help and support. I love this truck with passion It's reliable and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anybody noticed on the 01 troopers that the trans. sometimes has a dragging noise. I have had the transmission rebuilt and it still does it. any suggestion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that noise is usually your transfer case. I suggest getting that checked before your transmission.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies.

I soon figured out the problem. IT was the lockup clutch in the torque converter. I soon had to rebuild the trans. BUT that was the ultimate problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts