Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to diagnose one of my newest problems. Upon accelleration from a stanstill, there is a little rumble and vibration coming from the transmission. Then it goes away after I speed up. I'm not sure if Its the driveshaft or the tranny. Any diagnosis tips?
This all started after I machined the head. It seems the bottom end of my drivetrain did not no how to handle the newly reclaimed torque.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Duno if you're talking auto or manual, but I'd look at the drive shaft first, especialy the carrier bearing.

More than likely, a little grease will fix you up.

Seems like I saw a write up on this here on the forum.

Jim.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I agree with Jim on this one. Check your carrier bearing. Get under the truck and see if you can wiggle the driveshaft near the carrier bearing. If you can it's time for a one piece driveshaft.

Joe

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wiggled it, and there was some play. Now I'm going to lift pretty soon here anyways, I might as well go towards the one-piece driveshaft.
Now... Where can I get one, and how hard is the install? Will I need to remove the crossmember where the carrier bearing is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.