Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm new to the Isuzu arena and am looking for a little advice. I got a 93 trooper 4 speed auto :cry: The person I bought it from decided to drive it some 300 miles in 4wd (on a dry 4 lane) He stopped when the tranny lite flashed and the motor overheated. He then had it towed. I did a filter and fluid swap. all seemed ok. I have put about 1000 miles on it and all ok The wife jumped in and drove about a mile and the tranny lite is on again. Iam not terribly familiar with the 4L30 trans, but have done several TH400 and TH700R4's so I am no virgin. I'm guessing that this trans has a limp mode. I am also guessing that the lite indicates limp... What would be causing this trans to go into limp mode? Does this trans throw codes to the ECM? Where can I get a list of codes. Next note, This motor has alot of valve train noise. It appears to have 1 cam per head. Are these mechanical lifters or hydraulic. The auto parts Geek asked if this was a single or dual O.H. cam. Is 1 per head considered Dual?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.