Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been useing DEXIII type fluild in the 98 Roedo it has 112k on the trans now. no problem but had a rubber cooler line starting to leak so changed it. Found the trans fluild to be a little dark not burnt , but did a fliter and change at 107k and want to change again to keep the oil clean.. I talk with a GM tech and he said to use the new DEX VI fluild the book spec is DEXIII. has anyone tryed this new DEX6 yet? or should i stick with the old DEXIII oil? :arrow:

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Go find yourself some Castrol Import Dex 3.....steer clear of Dex VI for as long as you can.....eventually us Isuzu owners aren't going to have an option, but in honesty, the Dex VI I've tried makes this transmission shift harder.

Keep the oil clean/bright, don't let it get dark. What fluid did you use last time? I find it odd that it would be a little dark after only 5k miles unless the tranny was neglected in the past.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i bought the truck last year it has 107 with the factory fill still in it, it was fluild was dark but no metal chips in pan. I filled and and ran engine a few times to try to flush old oil out , refilled with DEX3 but look likes i will drop pan again to check for wear, and add a ATP inline filter to help keep trans filter clean .. and refill with dex3

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i 2nd the Castrol Import Dex 3 , also living in fla ( i am in ariz ) , you may think about putting on a tranny cooler , i use long thrucool coolers , they have a bypass that bypasses most of the fluid when its cold. i also always put a magnefine in line filter on the return line , isuzu auto tranny's run very hot so being in fla you do need a cooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts