Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a clutch put in on a '93 trooper 5sp 3.2SOHC, and when I got it back from the shop that did it, the reverse lights came on in 3rd and 4th gear and not in reverse. Also whilst in 5th gear I got a U/S(upshift) light and I could not use cruise control. I took it back and they explained that there are four wires at the top of the tranny that are different colors but there is no guide as to which hole they go in. They fiddled with it for a few hours and were able to get the reverse lights corrected but I still get U/S in fifth and no cruise. They weren't able to find anything in any wiring diagrams (at least in my chilton's manual) and I went ahead and took the vehicle. Does anyone know how these wires are supposed to go? Could someone at least look at their own wires and tell me which colors go in which spots? The shop still has my skid plates off just for convenience-sake so it'd be nice to get this fixed ASAP. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
It should be stupid proof. Crawl under and look. There are bullet connectors male and female on the two sets of wires. Meaning you can't get them swapped, unless you (or someone else) has modified the way they connect.

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I really dont think they did. They said that all four of em had the same male - female connectors and were all interchangeable. Is it possible they couldve damaged the wires if they were not properly unplugged i.e. just jerked out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.