Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I've read several messages about the transmission range/mode switch. I followed the advice that most have given - clean out the gunk. I tried and I still have the same problem - transmission slipping. Do I need to replace the switch? Or is it a different problem? The switch do look pretty bad and maybe burned.
I've also changed the thermostat which is a pain. That doesn't seem to fix the problem.
How much do the transmission mode switch cost and is there a store online that you can recommend or just buy from dealer?

Thank you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dude. If you can recover the tranny, get a cooler, and new filter and gasket. Did mine, and what a diffrence..........
I felt mine slip in the AM when it was cold. This morning, it was like I was driving a new troop.... I DIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again. Maybe I should have specify what kind of vehicle I have. '01 Trooper LS.
I changed the transmission mode switch and still having the same problem.
I also noticed that only the upper hose of the radiator gets really hot after driving 1 mile. The lower radiator hose that goes through the thermostat does not get hot. Do I need to flush the radiator?

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I also noticed that only the upper hose of the radiator gets really hot after driving 1 mile. The lower radiator hose that goes through the thermostat does not get hot. Do I need to flush the radiator?
Well unless the lower hose is bone cold you should be fine. The upper hose is the hot coolant coming out of the engine, the lower hose is the cooler coolant after the radiator has done it's job.

So unless the lower hose is cold you are a-ok. It should be warm to the touch but not as hot as the upper hose.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.