Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I'M HAVING A PPROBLEM WITH MY TRANSMISSION SINCE I REBUILT IT, THE THING IS THAT THE TRANSMISSION WARNING LIGHT DOESN'T STOP FLASHING AND WHEN I SHIFT THE LEVER TO THE "D" POSITION
THE TRANSMISSION SEEMS TO BE ON A HIGHER GEAR IN STEAD OF BEING IN FIRST GEAR, AND ACORDING TO THE FACTORY MANUAL IT SEEMS TO BE IN A SAFETY MODE OR WINTER MODE BUT WITH THE WINTER LIGHT OFF OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT . I HAVE CHANGED AND CHECKED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING SEEMS DAMAGED SO IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

BEST REGARDS
GUTY69

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll assume you're talking about the 4L30-E transmission -- but vehicle year and model would be very helpful, along with transmission model!

The 4L30-E has a failsafe mode built into it. If the computer senses a big problem it will default to this mode -- which I believe keeps it in 3rd gear constantly. If your transmission light is blinking then it means that there is a code stored about what's going on and you need to retrieve this code and figure out what your problem is.

I found a good repair article about the 4L30-E at the following site: http://www.transtec.com/rebuilder_news/2nd_q95r-n.pdf
Maybe that will be some help to you. You definitely need to figure out what's going on or you might be re-rebuilding your tranny!

Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI, THANK'S FOR THE HELP BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE MY TROOPER IS A 1991 MODEL AND THE TRANNY I'M NOT SURE IF IT IS THE FIRST OR THE SECOND GENERATION ANY WAY IT DOESN'T MATTER THERE ISN'T MUCH DIFFERENCE, I STILL HAVE A QUESTION , HOW CAN I GET THE CODES DO I GOT TO HAVE THE TECH-1 SCANNER OR THERES A WAY WITH A JUMPER?, ANY WAY THANK'S A LOT.
BEST REGARDS.

GUTY69

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.