Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking my trooper up some gravel roads and It poped out of gear twice today. I was in 3rd gear going up hill and it just poped into neutral.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I will have the tranny out while doing a 3.4 swap. Anything I should replace while it is out?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
If this is not a 'simple wear part' I would not trust it behind a stronger motor! :shock:

Now that I have a 5spd again I'm interested in the cause of this type of issue so i'll be watching closely.

~psguardian

·
Registered
555 Posts
psguardian said:
If this is not a 'simple wear part' I would not trust it behind a stronger motor! :shock:

Now that I have a 5spd again I'm interested in the cause of this type of issue so i'll be watching closely.

~psguardian
I would just rebuild the transmission while it was out. Ive never done it actually,but the procedure seems to be much simpler than an automatic.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm I have never rebuilt a tranny myself. I not sure if i am up for that task. I herd you just want to do what needed in them. The only issue I had was it poping out of gear twice on me. Other then that it shifts fine and hasn't gave me any issues in the few months I had it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drove it around today and can't get it to do it again.. I think i am just going to change the fluids install a breather and change the some seals while I have it out and hope for the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.