Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but didn't see, just curious to know the cost of a fluid and filter change for a 1999 automatic?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Shouldnt cost more than $225 if you take it to a shop.

If you do it yourself, gaskets and filter is about $30-40. And oil about $5 a quart. You'll need 5-6 quarts. So not more than $70.

It will vary of course. But this is what seems to be the norm.

·
Registered
454 Posts
What I'm about to point to is not intended to be a replacement for a FULL transmission service that includes a filter and fluid change.

My Rodeo is OLD and so am I.

260K miles and I've noticed the last couple of filter changes that the filters were not dirty like they were all the times before.

This baby pulls out 4 qts - basically empties the main pan. Pour in 4 more - drive a bit and pull out 4 more. Rotationl drain like you do on Accords and Civics. Do it as many times as you like

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car ... als&page=1

After I bought it - 2 of my neighbors looked at it and said they could beat Griots price shopping around the WEB. They did just that and when their CHEAPER units arrived - they were surprised to see that the suction lines provided were all TOO short. They had to come borrow my Griots lines.

You get what you pay for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.