Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been tring to trouble shoot a problem with my 98... my buddy who isan excellent old school mechanic asked me if the the tranny and computer read the ecu's... I ck'ed the site and couldn't find anything... and I have no idea myself (I know enough about engines to get myself into trouble) so I decided to ask the zu...

Any useful comments are appreciated... Blessings

·
Registered
160 Posts
Texasbudman said:
Been tring to trouble shoot a problem with my 98... my buddy who isan excellent old school mechanic asked me if the the tranny and computer read the ecu's... I ck'ed the site and couldn't find anything... and I have no idea myself (I know enough about engines to get myself into trouble) so I decided to ask the zu...

Any useful comments are appreciated... Blessings
i think we need to know more about....what your asking. The tranny has its own "ecu"(engine control unit) called the tcu (transmission control unit).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually that answered my (our) question... On the other hand, the volt meter was spiking and the tranny was falling asleep... but would shift manually...

Ck'ed the alternator showed good... changed a couple of relays... same problem... Swapped the alternator... same... before taking to the computer to check, I had my buddy pull the alt and have it taken apart to check...

Freaking alternator regulator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did a quick fix... No more sleepy tranny... and she was slip a little before, now shes great again...

Anyone know where to get a good alternator shipped to a US island in Micronesia????????????????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.