Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I found a name for my trooper. What do you Guys think? Trailbreaker. Its from a transformers name generator :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Mine was ram horn. haha i kinda like it

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. Its cool right? I think I found rlthe new way to name all my projects and cars :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does Anyone know how much trouble it would be to fit an older toyota supra engine into an 88 trooper? And could I keep it 4wd?

·
Registered
392 Posts
mikeydub said:
Does Anyone know how much trouble it would be to fit an older toyota supra engine into an 88 trooper? And could I keep it 4wd?
Which supra engine? if you're considering the 3.0L V6 id say just go with a 2.8L v6 from a trooper, afaik there was no 4wd tranny that mated to that engine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Idk. I thought the supra had an i6? Oh well. If I can't keep it 4wd I don't want it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So today. I cleaned out my shed so I could finish painting my grille black. And I couldn't find any of the stuff I needed. So instead I just took a bunch of pictures. And figured out where all the rust is. :/ and there's lots of that.

Trailbreaker won't be breaking any trails anytime soon.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
mikeydub said:
I think I found a name for my trooper. What do you Guys think? Trailbreaker. Its from a transformers name generator :)
Eff yeah!!! :D I found the generator and they dubbed me "TRACKS" :lol:

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Eh.. I did it and it came out with Ironhide. Like the name, but it's from a popular transformer. Ya'll's are a lot better because they're pretty obscure.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If the I-6 from a supra can physically fit into your engine bay, then yes there is a 4wd transmission that will bolt up to it.

The 2jz, 7M (and 6, 5, and 3M) all used R and W series transmissions. The R transmissions, were used on both previous generations of Toyota Supra and Toyota Soarer (SC300 5spd in the states). This transmission is known as the R154. The R154 Bellhousing to transmission case bolt pattern is the same on almost every single Aisin designed transmission using that architecture, which is a LOT of trasmissions. However, in simple terms, if you bought a 7M-GTE from a MK3 Supra Turbo with its stock 5spd trans. unbolted the bellhousing from the rest of said transmission, went out and bough an R151F from a 4wd Toyota pickup, and then bolted the Supra bellhousing to the pickup transmission, you would have a 7M-GTE/4WD powertrain.

Any questions? (BTW, I am the worlds biggest Toyotaphile. I've owned 9)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all that very good information.
And I'm glad everyone likes this name generator.
I'm thinking about putting trailbreaker across the front of the hood like do with range rovers.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I found a generator and mine came out: Triple Changer Broad Rod
Haha

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ian1006 said:
I found a generator and mine came out: Triple Changer Broad Rod
Haha
Of Team Ram rod?

My cars name came out as Sky Ravager

·
Registered
928 Posts
Mine came out as Jazz.
I don't think I need to say anymore about that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts