1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll the 6th annual Toy drive is coming up fast

Here is info everyone is invited
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116233

If your in the area stop by and drop off a toy and say hi...and then hit the trails for a relaxing day in the mountains of TN

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have set up a pay pal account for folks that can't make it out and want to donate some money to buy toys

[email protected]

in comment line please give first name,screen name and group you run with
TIA
DOug

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
info added #3 and #4 posts on NC4x4.com

Thanks for looking :wink:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
So is no-one else from here coming to this? Come on guys lets show doug some support its a great cause and if you have never been to the park one of the best in this area to wheel!!!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to thank Dylan and Roy for busting thier azzes this weekend and Van thank you for coming out and showing everyone what a "stock" pup can do...we had a great time check out the threads on NC4X4 in past events and chit chat it was a huge success

Thanks again guys :salute:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cronk said:
How did this go?
Good,I had over 250 rigs show up...lots of good vids up on youtube and such

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
same park as always,bunch of cool vids up...you gotta make next years run

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Doug… thanks for a terrific time and one of the best "Events" that I've attended over the years.

Leaving at 0500 and after a three and a half hour drive, I was greeted by the "Social Butterfly" himself and then on to the cabin where Lisa, Dylan and his dad were cooking breakfast.

The breakfast was fantastic and the rest of the morning was finished off with great conversation and a few(?) Bloody Marys (BMs). :drunken:

Around 1pm I decided to hit the trails to find Dylan and his crew from an upside down map provided by Doug (don't ask). :lol:

After finding Dylan, as they were heading back to camp to get PJ, we decided to meet up at Sawmill to watch the rock buggies do their thing.

Being a little confused from all the BMs and upside down map, I ended up on a trail where I met up with the "Big Dixie Boggers"(aka, rock buggies) and asked if they could show me the way back to the main trail… "Sure, just follow us".

I don't think anyone in their group was running less than 35" tires while I was only on 33"s. So, after much scrapping and a near flop on my side, we made it back to the main trail at which time I was told that I couldn't follow them anymore because the trail was closed (even though the map showed I was supposed to go that way).

I decided to follow the other trail back to camp and just meet up with everyone there… easier said than done. :roll:

For the next two and a half hours, I was somewhat lost in the woods trying every trail I saw on the map, (and some that weren't), to find my way back. Even though the GPS showed a main road less than a ½ mile away, each trail I took in that direction, only took me away from it.

Finding a creek that was flowing down from the mountain, I eventually spotted another trail that ran alongside it and found my way out… about a mile from the cabin.

After a great dinner, the Jeep raffle, some more BMs and good conversation, I was too tired to make the trip back home and graciously accepted the couch in the cabin for the night.

The drive back home couldn't have been better… from shaving 23 miles/30 minutes off my trip by taking a different route, to the sun and mist rising over the mountains, the driving music, lack of Sunday morning traffic and the added MPG and power of Ethanol free gas… a dream come true.

Doug, give yourself and Lisa a "pat on the back" for doing an outstanding job on this "Event"… especially since it benefits the kids.

Also, if you could pass on a big "Appreciate it" to "Pinky" and the "Big Dixie Boggers" for letting me hang with them and showing me the way back to the main trail. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts