Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some unknown reason I have lost some clutch fluid. Im not sure where it went but anyways the clutch pedal has no resistance for the first half of compression. So my question is do I have to bleed the system just to top off the fluid?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You dont have to bleed it if you are just topping off the fluid. If the reservoir is empty, then yes you do have to bleed it. I would find the leak though, might be a leaky slave cylinder.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Ian1006 said:
You dont have to bleed it if you are just topping off the fluid. If the reservoir is empty, then yes you do have to bleed it. I would find the leak though, might be a leaky slave cylinder.
x2. Couldn't have said it better myself.

P.S. this happened to me shortly before my clutch went out. Wasn't leaking or anything. Just lost fluid, so I had to bleed the clutch. shortly afterward it started slipping.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well all it needed was a top off of fluid...thank god, I did not want to bleed the clutch in the parking garage on campus :D

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I would say slave or master. Try this, lay upside down head first on your drivers seat with a small fleshlight and see if you can see any moisture on the inside where your clutch pedal goes through the firewall. If its not the slave, I bet you are seaping around the master cylinder where the pedal goes through. Both my Trooper and Impulse leaked here and if you have carpet and insulation under the dash you probably would not notice it.

Bart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts