Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fantastic day, although I wanted to jump in the lake - got too hot.

I hardly use the A/C, not sure why, but there's just something about driving on the highway with the drivers window down...as long as it's not windy/dusty outside.

Did pretty good at averaging 65mph, and topped off at 24mpg....pretty excellent for a 15yr old, 200k mile truck

No reason in particular, other then the fact I wanted the oil good and hot prior to draining it :lol: ....however, I have it sitting out front for at least a good 1/2hr before I pull that plug!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ramblin Fever said:
fantastic day, although I wanted to jump in the lake - got too hot.

I hardly use the A/C, not sure why, but there's just something about driving on the highway with the drivers window down...as long as it's not windy/dusty outside.

Did pretty good at averaging 65mph, and topped off at 24mpg....pretty excellent for a 15yr old, 200k mile truck

No reason in particular, other then the fact I wanted the oil good and hot prior to draining it :lol: ....however, I have it sitting out front for at least a good 1/2hr before I pull that plug!
We like taking drives here on the island too. Are you serious 24mpg? This week I picked up a 96 Rodeo 3.2l with 151K and I hope I get 24 mpg like you are... :notworthy:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Man I wish I got 24 MPG highway...even witht he MUA5 i only get 20. probably because the extra weight from 4wd?

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
just something about driving on the highway with the drivers window down
And that something is way too much noise from the wind LOL. I HATE driving with windows down, just too noisey for me. Which is one of the reasons I've always worn a helmet on m'cycles, cuts the wind noise way down.

Biggest reason I sold my mitsu p/u and got the rodeo was for A/C. Figured I was old enough now I wasnt going through one more summer without A/C.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Man I wish I got 24 MPG highway...even witht he MUA5 i only get 20. probably because the extra weight from 4wd?
Mine's a 4x4 as well as running 32" tires and a 2" lift.

Mine, from day one off the lot new, has always had incredible mileage. My 91 rodeo 3.1L automatic didn't do this well, I was lucky to get 16mpg off that truck.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Ramblin Fever said:
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Mine's a 4x4 as well as running 32" tires and a 2" lift.

Mine, from day one off the lot new, has always had incredible mileage. My 91 rodeo 3.1L automatic didn't do this well, I was lucky to get 16mpg off that truck.
very interesting. I always thought it was 4x2 because your sig never said it and your pictures have no 4WD badge on the rear gate, but then again with your location you would be crazy not to have 4x4... there i go thinking again :lol:

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
95Rodeo4x4 said:
very interesting. I always thought it was 4x2 because your sig never said it and your pictures have no 4WD badge on the rear gate, but then again with your location you would be crazy not to have 4x4... there i go thinking again :lol:
His WAS 4x2 but was converted to 4x4 recently.

Mine got 24 mpg between home and Georgetown on the way to Moab this year. Got 21 between there and Grand Junction but probably would have gotten more if it wasnt for that horrible wind we hit in the flats.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
did you put in a new 4L30e when you did the 4x4 conversion Ramblin or can you just add on the transfer case?

·
Registered
397 Posts
That is very good mileage. My 97 Rodeo would get into the 23+ mpg but it was stock. Do you have manual hubs?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok,,No hard numbers yet but, I took the Rodeo on it's first trip to the south side of the island. The 90 Wrangler would have sucked about a tank of gas for a round trip. Our 96 Rodeo only used a little over a quarter of a tank round trip!!! Holy smokes!!!! I'm in heaven baby!!!!

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
posted this thread then forgot about it.....oops!

Yes....I have manual hubs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts