Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order my rims after I get my paycheck on wednesday and today I went out and did some measuring and realized that going from a 15x6 with 4" backspace to 15x8 w/4 " backspace wull put my tires 2 more inches outside the fenders.
I don't think they'll rub but if they do it would only be on sharp turns but I'm another paycheck away from my lift.
Do you guys think that will be too much tire sticking out or will it look fine.
Right now the stockers are so far sucked and unstable in its not even funny.

Also, is a 8" wide rim too wide for a 9.5" tire?
I know the recomendations say thats alright but I'd like to here from actual people instead of a chart.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
8" is fine.

Next year you will have 10.50 tires .... 2 years from now 12.50 wide tires :lol:

8" works good on all of them.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I'm running 10.5s on 8 inch rims & have no rubbing issues.

Like Curt says, 12.5s next time. :wink:

Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would of thought I would get about 1-1.5" more on the outside since I'm staying with the same tires.
It really doesn't matter what I predict they'll look like now, they'll be here tuesday.
4 steel black powdercoated rims for 169 bucks with free shipping, I'm happy. :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ordered them thurday night at 12:30 and got them this morning at 9. Went and had the tires put on there and they look good. I'll post some pics if the tornado watches and hail will go away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.