Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting all the info I need in another thread on the relays to use and the schematic for the wiring, I have one last question on wiring up add on lights and such like stuff.

I like circuit breakers better than fuses coming off the battery, SO bear with me on this.

I plan to rewire my Fog and driving lights and add power to my hitch for a wheel chair (scooter) lift. I'm planning on something like this:

Power side
From battery 10AWG wire to 15Amp circuit breaker.
From circuit breaker 10AWG wire to fuse block inside enclosure.
From fuse block 14Awg wire to relays.
From relays 14AWG wire to individual lights
From relays 10AWG wire to hitch (may use 14AWG here also. Have to see the lifts requirements)

Ground side: Switches already grounded to body under the dash with wires from light kits. Grounds from switch side of relays 14AWG wire soldered to a single 10AWG wire to body and frame.
Lights already grounded to frame with wires from kits.

Scooter lift will have 10AWG run from the terminal block along the frame to the rear for power to the hitch. The "trailer light" connector already has an extra wire for this purpose. Its supposed to be used for electric brakes, but has never been hooked up.

I choose the wire sizes because I have over 100 feet of the stuff all on spools in my shop sitting under the bench. Planning for multiple circuits, I figured it would be better to run separate fuses on each rather than a single fuse for everything even though the chances of me ever having everything turned on at once are nill. The switches already have separate in-line fuses that came with the light kits and these are under the dash in the wires where I can get to them from the panel on the side of the dash. The reason for the circuit breaker at the battery is in case the primary power wire ever shorts.

So.. what say you all?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Depends on how many amps your lift is gonna pull?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.