2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acceptance is the first step, or so I'm told. :roll:

Well, I got over that quick.

Now for some pictures...

Here's what I started with:

Had a fender bender when I got it:

Hence, the need/want/addiction suppressor:

(Better pictures to come, it's few and far in between when we here in the PNW get a decent day)

Afterward, I decided to do some investigating regarding some steam leaking form a junction here:

And ended up getting into the engine this far:

A slightly less distorted picture due to less breath from it being ridiculously cold outside...

I replaced all top end intake related gaskets, including the thermostat to block housing gasket, and of course, the head coolant crossover hose as well as the upper radiator crossover pipe o-ring in back of the engine.

Now, no steam whatsoever, the engine heats up quickly and stays at temp like a champ, and the coolant system stays at a really good high pressure now! :D

Just some random video funness...

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Yes but, unlike other programs, the end goal is not to be weened off your addiction. Instead now that you have stated & accepted it you can further seek assistance in feeding said addiction. :wink:

~psguardian

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'twas the underlying intention :lol:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
well now the first step to remedy your addiction is post lots of pictures in this thread. :lol:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
(group voice) Hiiii Tony, ...Welcome to the group!!!!

:lol:

Now show us some pics!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
95Rodeo4x4 said:
well now the first step to remedy your addiction is post lots of pictures in this thread. :lol:
Dang it! You ruined the surprise! :evil:

Pics to come :D

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
(Stands Up from the Group) Hi My Name is Zippo, and I have a confession to make, I had thought i had beaten my addition from the Zu. But then it came creeping back, and beat me into submission. :violent3: *sob* Im sorry for that guys, I know that im addticed and i promis never to deny that fact again..... :lol: :oops: :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
We love ya man.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Mediamonkey11 said:
Dang it! You ruined the surprise! :evil:
sorry..:cry: :lol: :lol: :

Well, ill go next.

My name is 95rodeo4x4, and i became addicted at an early age thanks to family. I now remedy the addiction with my Zu. :lol:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lookie what showed up today!

They need to be refinished, they're not too bad, but it'll be a month until I can buy tires so I'll take my time 8)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Well your moving right along with mods. I love that ARB, and i really want a Trooper LS just like the one you have (loaded with options!).

I like the ARB. looks good and i am sure draws some looks.

:shock: look at those snowflakes! and uh....new tires? :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Snowflakes FTW! :cheers: Your trooper is coming along nicely, congrats

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jay said:
WOW!! Where did you get those? Are they 15's or 16's?
Jay
They're 16's, and I got them from 2 different sellers off of eBay, 2 from New York, 3 from Alabama. :p

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Well your moving right along with mods. I love that ARB, and i really want a Trooper LS just like the one you have (loaded with options!).

I like the ARB. looks good and i am sure draws some looks.

:shock: look at those snowflakes! and uh....new tires? :twisted: :twisted:
Yah, I love the mirror fold button, makes people think: "I thought only luxury cars had that!"

Can't afford tires for another month, going to lift it first :D

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Cool. I've been trying to scare up 5 16" snowflakes with no luck. Mind sharing how much those 5 wheels cost, all told? I wouldn't be offended if you said "non of your beeswax"
Jay

Mediamonkey11 said:
Jay said:
Jay
They're 16's, and I got them from 2 different sellers off of eBay, 2 from New York, 3 from Alabama. :p

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jay said:
Cool. I've been trying to scare up 5 16" snowflakes with no luck. Mind sharing how much those 5 wheels cost, all told? I wouldn't be offended if you said "non of your beeswax"
Jay

Mediamonkey11 said:
Jay said:
Jay
I paid $60 each for 3 of them shipped, and $75 each shipped for 2 of them. Probably too much but I wanted them...

1 - 20 of 149 Posts