Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with these? As background last winter (when my 99 was under warrantly, of course) and I was sloshing around in a heavysnow, the "check" light started blinking under the TOD on the dash. Only when the 4WD auto was switched on. 4WD low range works fine.

Took it to the dealer who replaced the speed sensor(s).

Fast forward to last weeks snow in the NE and again, after switching on the 4WD auto, the "check" light is on.

It seems to me that perhaps the 4WD is on to some extent, but the lights in the dash that show the degree of front wheel differential are not working. I have had the 4WD auto on since last winter and it worked fine, at least no blinking light.

Perhaps a loose connection, something not grounded properly, or subject to wet causing a short?

Any thoughts out there?

Scott in MD/DC

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had my Trooper in the shop last week to get a new motor (oil consumption), and I also had the dealer service the transfer case and differentials. The TOD check light went away after having that service done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.