Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a big difference between a passenger and LT tire for light to moderate off-roading? I'm in the market for new tires and am leading towards the bridgestone revos.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Yes there is a big difference, it's in the tread pattern and the sidewalls. If you do very much wheeling with a P tire you will find the sidewalls are about as thick as a balloon.

Go for the Dueler A/T Revo in the C load rating. They are a great tire.

Joe

·
Registered
25 Posts
You should consider running MTs instead. A few of my mates run BFG MTs as their only set of tyres with a lot of success. They get good mileage (ie life) still have heaps of traction on sealed roads and off road better traction than ATs. Definately LT not P rated. I run 30" Cooper STs on the road and 33" Simex copies for offroading on another set of rims. If I was starting again I would seriously have to consider running just one set of Cooper STTs or BFG MTs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try to find some siped MTs. You are in Jersey, it snows. Unsiped MTs are like ice skating. I have used Dunlop Radial Rover RTs and now have Tempra Trailcutter MTs. Both have the aggressive outer lug that will clear mud, while having inner siped lugs for snow and ice traction. On your 99, I'd run at least 265/75R16's. That is an LT tire. P tires are for Passenger cars. LTs are for light trucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.