Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that I'd start a post with a comment, rather than a question:

I run 33x10.5. I love them. I didn't need a body lift. I didn't need to trim fenders. I get a smaller footprint (lets not argue that again). The only real downside is that to the best of my knowledge, only BFG and Interco (super swamper) make 33x10.5 tires. Since I have swampers and a set of road tires (31x10.5) I'm not concerned with the lack of choices. Honestly, 33x10.5 BFGs would be fine with me for a daily driver.

The tires are 33x10.50. I have OME 919 springs (same lift as 912, more load carying capability). The tires are mounted on 15x7 Isuzu alloy wheels, with a neutral offset.

The tires stuff:

The suspension droops:

-Tad

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pizza cutters, eh :p . That must be a stiff(er) ride(OME919+ less floatation). I think I'll stick with 285/75/16's which is 33" but an inch wider - no BL lift/trimming needed either just OME912 & t-bar crank;been running them since 10k and the truck has 150k+ now.

·
Registered
763 Posts
fwiw, last week I ran 285s on my stock trooper. There was zero rubbing in city driving. I never had a chance to test compression.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice looking truck Tad! It sounds like you guys are familar with the suspensions on later models Trooper. My OEM suspension sucks. Bottomed out very easily, even on the interstate. I would like a stiffer suspension but with little (1" max preferably) or no lift. I am alos considering putting an Arb front bumper with a Mile Marker 9000 hydraulic winch on it which will add a considerable amount of weight to an already overtaxed suspension. Any thoughts, opinions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I see all the details on the stock sec. gen Troopers runnuing the 285/75/16's, what I would love to hear more about is lARGER tires, can anyone tell me about running larger 16's like 315's or larger, what I want is some guidelines to run my 94 Trooper called the "BLACK FLAG" with taller tires for mud and OBX beach use, calling all who can help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If u wanna go with that large of a tire. you need a lift for sure. i have a friend with 315's on his 95 trooper, and he has a 3 inch suspension lift and a 2 inch body lift, and it is fine. he put the body lift on for the reason with that 3 inch lift, he STILL rubbed and when he turned his wheel, would rub on his front bumper..so if you go over 285's U NEED A LIFT! :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was thinking I may fair better with a 15in wheel and a 33 than a 285/75 16 on cost and ride, plus I would get a little fattertire section and that for no other reson looks good, hey give me some ideas, cause when I get some $$$ I am about to go to town on this 93 Trooper!

·
Registered
823 Posts
First, the 919s, give about 1-1.5 inches of lift, and I LOVE mine...drastic improvement.....

That is the rear of mine, currently, siting on 33x12.5/15s, 3 in bl, adn 919s, with the spacers.....

HTH
Chase

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.