Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to achieve similar to this look with my 2004 Rodeo, I went to a shop and they told me that it would drive like a tank and be extremely stiff. I was looking to run Definity Dakota Mud terrains 31" and get a 3" suspension lift. Any help as if whats cheapest to get? what else I need? or pros and cons to doing this. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
That guy had a 3" suspension lift and a 3" body lift for a total of a 6" lift. You can run up to a 3" suspension lift no problem and have a nice ride still. My 03 Rodeo is currently at 3.5" and it rides nice, my parents even thought it rode really nice for a lifted truck with big wheels on it and that's saying something coming from them. A body lift doesnt change the ride quality from what I know, so you should be able to get the 6" lift with a decent ride without any problems.

If doing that big of a lift you will definetly want to get at least some 32's, it will look great.

For a 3" suspension lift all you need to do is get some OME 912 coil springs, and the rear brake extention T. Then just crank your t-bars up front and you will have a nice 3" lift. Then if you wanted to go farther and do a body lift, you will have to modify the steering, and also fab up some new brackets for the front and rear bumpers since they will not be raised with the body.

Here is my Rodeo with just a 3.5" suspension lift and 32's..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much, that is a big help. I just want to do this right and not mess anything up since im still learning but where do you think i can get the suspension lift, what is an avg price so im not getting ripped off. Btw your rodeo looks really good!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I get most of my stuff from Independent4x.com and have had really good luck with them. I know some places you get can get parts a tad cheaper, but since they have had great customer service i'll stick to using them.

Here are the coils you need, if you want a 3" lift you will want the OME 912's. When selecting which ones you want on here just click the option for "Rodeo 3"

https://www.independent4x.com/merchantm ... ucts_id=20

Here is the brake extention T you will need, it bolts onto the rear axle, takes like 2 minutes to install.

https://www.independent4x.com/merchantm ... ucts_id=73

Sorry I did forget to mention that you will want to get some extended rear shocks for the rear for a 3" lift. You can call them at Independent4x and tell them what your doing, and they will help you select some good shocks that will work. I got the Skyjackers off of their site, part numbers 7052 front (stock length, you don't need extended fronts) and 7055 rears (extended 1"). They are only like $50 a peice and it will be good to replace your shocks anyways. I also did go ahead and get some new upper trailing arms in the rear (upper links) because the driver side link will hit the gas tank when flexed. You will notice this when you install your coils, the driver side won't go down near as far as the passenger because it will hit. Nobody makes these anymore, but Calmini does offer these with their lift kit, and you can call them and order them seperate. I paid $153 shipped for both sides which is a great deal, I was going to have just the driver side one custom made and everyone was going to charge me $300-$400. So just call Calmini if you want to get the upper trailing arms which would be a very smart thing to do, but don't "need" it.

Indepenent4x also offers basic kits to do a 3" lift if you don't want to deal with getting everything seperately. This comes with everything (except for the upper trailing arms which don't don't really need) but it comes with the coils, shocks, and brake extention..

https://www.independent4x.com/merchantm ... ducts_id=4

Reactions: streetthumper

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
That's pretty much the exact same thing as the beginner kit I showed in my last post, but it gives you the option of picking a few different kinds of shocks, and also comes with some sway bar bushings. So if you want to pay extra for the different brand shocks then it's a good deal, if you just want some basic nice shocks the ones I showed you with that kit will work fine. You can also get the greasable sway bar bushings for like $50 for front and rear, but aren't required either. I still have the stock ones on my Rodeo, but I heard they do make a small difference in handling and are nice to have.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Okay well the 2 main decisions would be between the beginner and the sport kits. The only difference is that the sport kit comes with the sway bar bushings (which isn't needed, they just help a little with handling. I don't have them on my Rodeo) and you can choose between a couple different brand shocks. You may want to do some research on the shocks they offer with the Sports kit and see if anyone has their thoughts on them. The beginner kit comes with some nitro shocks that are pretty much identical to my Skyjacker Nitros, and will give you a good ride and work well with the 3" lift. Honestly i'd just get the beginner kit since it's $155 less, and you can buy the sway bar bushings for $50 if you want them, but like I said before they are not needed at all.

If you buy either kit, you don't need anything else to make it work. As I said before though you may want to look into getting some bent links (upper trailing arms) from Calmini because with the bigger lift, the driver side one will hit the gas tank. These aren't needed either but are good to have, if you flex it to much you can damage your gas tank without them, but many guys here have a 3" lift without them without issues. With these it also makes it MUCH easier to change the springs in the rear and allows the rear axle to drop down further.

Reactions: streetthumper

·
Registered
22 Posts
you have an awesome truck. we actually both have the same exact color body and rims. only thing is my zoo isnt lifted. i am actually kind of taking my time on the lift. mainly because my zoo is a 4 cyl. it has some power i guess i might just being underestimating it. i want to do the exact same lift but only wanted to run 30's you think it might workout?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Mudanot said:
I'm looking to achieve similar to this look with my 2004 Rodeo, I went to a shop and they told me that it would drive like a tank and be extremely stiff. I was looking to run Definity Dakota Mud terrains 31" and get a 3" suspension lift. Any help as if whats cheapest to get? what else I need? or pros and cons to doing this. thanks
:D looks great 8) recon

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
new_game1988 said:
hey guys sorry for cutin in i just got a 04 rodeo love it alredy ordered 3'' lift from inde i was wonderin what size tire you have clipper
Hey there, welcome to the Planet!

My Rodeo has 32" x 11.50" tires on it, i'll shoot you a PM so if you want to talk about tire sizes and such like that we don't have to go back and forth bumping a thread.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here is a picture of mines for reference, I have a 2" lift with 31x10.50's and 15x8 wheels with 3.75 backspacing. There was some trimming involved to make fit and not rub.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts