Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The file I posted is of a 98' Rodeo and I have an 04' but I really would like to make mine look very similar to this one. Can any one help me as to what kind of lift and what size tires could be on this or what I would need to do? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
3 inch body lift, 3 inch suspension lift with some 33's. THose might be 32's actually.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
If you lift an '04 get used to replacing CV boots. The increased angle is a little harder on the boots and you cant put manual hubs on an '04 to stop them from turning in 2wd.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Gizmo42 said:
If you lift an '04 get used to replacing CV boots. The increased angle is a little harder on the boots and you cant put manual hubs on an '04 to stop them from turning in 2wd.
He will need a diff drop kit.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Gizmo42 said:
By the way, I had a 2002 Rodeo that was totaled when it had about 65000 miles (if I remember correctly). At least 30000 miles the vehicles was with the highest possible front end lift, and before that about 20000 miles it had a mild lift. The vehicle had no diff drop kit, and no manual hubs (because 2002 already had that new front drive flanges design). The CVs were perfectly OK; the boots were intact, and the bearings were original.

I installed a diff drop kit on my current vehicle, just in case, but I think that running a simple primitive lift kit without diff drop kit and without manual hubs is not that bad for the CVs, they can hold for some time.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Ian1006 said:
IF it is a 6 inch lift with 3 on suspension and 3 on body lift...then no that kit will not be enough height to achieve that look and tire size. You would need that kit and this one: https://www.independent4x.com/merchantm ... cts_id=169
This kit still requires some creative engineering of the radiator and steering re-placement and re-location. And lots of manual hard work is required.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just want to make sure im doing everything correctly, I am going to get the 3" suspension lift for about 600 and 3" body lift for 200, and then of course m/t 32s.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Mudanot said:
I just want to make sure im doing everything correctly, I am going to get the 3" suspension lift for about 600 and 3" body lift for 200, and then of course m/t 32s.
Yes, that is the right kit.

Although, if you are planning just 32" tires, you can fit them without a body lift. With some trimming, 32" will fit the Rodeo. You just need the suspension lift.

A body lift makes your vehicle center of mass higher, and this is not a good thing. How I know ? I rolled over my Rodeo on a 'wheeling trip...

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
No water in the tires? Tsk, tsk.

:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts